Time to disembark Allure of the Seas

pjw0

Hello!   Woo hoo!  Just booked last night. This is my first RC cruise -  I have done Princess and Carnival in the past.   Wow - airfare is nuts!  Looking to book a returning flight from West Palm Beach.  Since this is my first RC, not sure how quick they are to disembark at Port Everglade.  Anyone gotten off Allure o hte Seas at this port?  We plan to bring our own luggage off and leave as early as we are able.  Previous I have disembarked by 8 or earlier, but this is my first megaship cruise and was curious as to how quick they are.    Does RC disembark those who bring their luggage themselves?  I am hoping to be off the 8:30 - 9 to catch a noon flight at West Palm Beach airport.   Sound reasonable?  Any recommendations for transportation from ship to West Palm Beach airport?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, pjw0 said:

Hello!   Woo hoo!  Just booked last night. This is my first RC cruise -  I have done Princess and Carnival in the past.   Wow - airfare is nuts!  Looking to book a returning flight from West Palm Beach.  Since this is my first RC, not sure how quick they are to disembark at Port Everglade.  Anyone gotten off Allure o hte Seas at this port?  We plan to bring our own luggage off and leave as early as we are able.  Previous I have disembarked by 8 or earlier, but this is my first megaship cruise and was curious as to how quick they are.    Does RC disembark those who bring their luggage themselves?  I am hoping to be off the 8:30 - 9 to catch a noon flight at West Palm Beach airport.   Sound reasonable?  Any recommendations for transportation from ship to West Palm Beach airport?

Thanks!

I am so excited for you! As for flights I would look at flights departing no later than 2 PM just to play it safe. You may even want to spend the night in West Palm Beach and head out the next day if you have time and arrive  a day or two before just to play it safe and not miss the boat.

Don't forget to join your Roll Call under the Roll Call category and join the free Meet and Mingle.

Enjoy the cruise!

Self debarkation will be first and you can probably be off the ship around 7.30. We always do this usually are off pretty early. Every cruise we cut down on the amount of luggage we bring so that this process is easier. Happy cruising!

• Like 1

In my experience, disembarkation from the Allure was much more efficient and faster than on any Carnival Cruise I’ve ever taken. Crowd control on these mega ships is mind boggling. 

• Like 1

They are not using the Mobile Passport APP in Port Everglades as they do not have the machines.  BUT even better they have facial recognition which makes it go even faster.  You must have a passport for this to work.

Since you are flying out of Palm Beach, definitely do the self walk off and that normally starts around 7.

• Like 1