Low cal drink options?

KimmyinLA

Anyone know if Joy offers Truly or White Claw type of lower calorie alcohol options? 

Also, can someone explain how the basic drink package works? I'm confused by 'unlimited' but the $15 cap?

We're not big drinkers so it doesn't matter much but wondering how it works.

I haven't heard any reports of those being on the ships. However you can normally get a similar drink by just asking for a vodka soda water. It is normally served with lime, when I first started to drink these for low calorie purposes I would get 3 or 4 lime wedges. Now one is fine for me. Some of the nicer lounges might have better bartenders who will have time to muddle other fruit with soda water for you. At the busy bars like the pool bar don't expect too much.

For the drink package it all drinks are covered up to 15$. If your drink exceeds 15$ you just pay the difference. Energy drinks are not included so with a vodka redbull you would pay for the redbull (not the vodka though). Some US ports you will be charged sales tax while docked/in the area. There is no daily limit. 

I agree to Victorius 8.  You can also get flavored vodka for the vodka soda so that helps as well as a lot of limes.  Ask if the bar you are at carries diet tonic water.  A Gin and Tonic or vodka tonic with the diet tonic is very low calorie and this is what we drink at home normally.

5 hours ago, Victorious8 said:

I haven't heard any reports of those being on the ships. However you can normally get a similar drink by just asking for a vodka soda water. It is normally served with lime, when I first started to drink these for low calorie purposes I would get 3 or 4 lime wedges. Now one is fine for me. Some of the nicer lounges might have better bartenders who will have time to muddle other fruit with soda water for you. At the busy bars like the pool bar don't expect too much.

For the drink package it all drinks are covered up to 15$. If your drink exceeds 15$ you just pay the difference. Energy drinks are not included so with a vodka redbull you would pay for the redbull (not the vodka though). Some US ports you will be charged sales tax while docked/in the area. There is no daily limit. 

And you can order two drinks at a time. My go-to in April was an order of two double Grey Goose + cranberry juice. Not super-low cal, but there wasn't much room for juice after the double pour of vodka.

10 hours ago, sykimball1498 said:

I agree to Victorius 8.  You can also get flavored vodka for the vodka soda so that helps as well as a lot of limes.  Ask if the bar you are at carries diet tonic water.  A Gin and Tonic or vodka tonic with the diet tonic is very low calorie and this is what we drink at home normally.

Has anyone ever found Diet Tonic in any Escape bar/restaurant or Haven bar? Vodka Diet Tonic is my drink of choice, I would love to find diet tonic onboard 🙂

My tricks with regular drinks is—

in place of soda use club soda (or Diet Pepsi/sierra mist)

if they have sugar or simple syrup ask the bartender to omit it and then you add a packet or two of artificial sweetener

They seem very limited on diet soda. 

Another brainstorm is that the buffet has zero calorie flavored waters in a soda machine.  Bet that would be excellent with gin or vodka and a twist of lemon!

13 hours ago, allyfrizzle said:

And you can order two drinks at a time. My go-to in April was an order of two double Grey Goose + cranberry juice. Not super-low cal, but there wasn't much room for juice after the double pour of vodka.

Is a single Grey Goose and cranberry or a Grey Goose Cosmo under the $15 limit?

On 9/27/2019 at 7:01 PM, Planner88 said:

Has anyone ever found Diet Tonic in any Escape bar/restaurant or Haven bar? Vodka Diet Tonic is my drink of choice, I would love to find diet tonic onboard 🙂

I think they stock it but you have to ask for it.  On my last cruise they had it, but it was a Celebrity cruise, but I seem to remember getting it on NCL as well.  Tennessee Honey and Diet Pepsi is also a good option.  Pretty lo cal.