Starbucks Gift Cards?

yelrah_pam

Also curious about this. I've sailed Harmony and Oasis but at the time was not a coffee drinker. I am now addicted to Starbucks Americano (especially the Blonde roast). I know you can't use the app to pay, but I'm curious if I can use Starbucks gift cards. Do you collect your stars in the app??

10 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

Also curious about this. I've sailed Harmony and Oasis but at the time was not a coffee drinker. I am now addicted to Starbucks Americano (especially the Blonde roast). I know you can't use the app to pay, but I'm curious if I can use Starbucks gift cards. Do you collect your stars in the app??

You can use Starbucks gift cards at the Starbucks kiosks on Oasis class ships.  Don't know about stars.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

You can use Starbucks gift cards at the Starbucks kiosks on Oasis class ships.  Don't know about stars.

Thanks Bob. I knew you would know the answer! I'm thinking that there would be no way to earn the stars if they can't use the app to pay. But figured I would get a starbucks gift card to use for those purchases instead of using my OBC.

16 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

Thanks Bob. I knew you would know the answer! I'm thinking that there would be no way to earn the stars if they can't use the app to pay. But figured I would get a starbucks gift card to use for those purchases instead of using my OBC.

You can use your app to pay (not pre-order) and earn your stars but can't redeem your free rewards on board ship. At least that was how it was the last time we were on Harmony and Allure

Edited by Goofyfanatic
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Goofyfanatic said:

You can use your app to pay (not pre-order) and earn your stars but can't redeem your free rewards on board ship. At least that was how it was the last time we were on Harmony and Allure

Interesting. I've heard that you CAN'T use the app? Hmm, might have to make a call to someone at Royal.

On 10/7/2019 at 4:05 PM, MrsKC08 said:

Yes, you collect stars, but you cannot redeem them for anything onboard.  We've used our cards on Allure and Oasis.  Never asked about the app because we don't carry our phones with us unless we're in a US port where we can use them without extra charges.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, BND said:

Yes, you collect stars, but you cannot redeem them for anything onboard.  We've used our cards on Allure and Oasis.  Never asked about the app because we don't carry our phones with us unless we're in a US port where we can use them without extra charges.

The app is really your reward card on your phone...so if you were using your rewards card to get your stars you can use the app. Again though you can't place your order ahead of time.

20 minutes ago, Goofyfanatic said:

The app is really your reward card on your phone...so if you were using your rewards card to get your stars you can use the app. Again though you can't place your order ahead of time.

I know what the app is.  I have it and have for a long time.  What no one can clarify is IF you can use the app on the ship, but as I said, we didn't try, even though I use it ALL the time normally.

1 minute ago, BND said:

I know what the app is.  I have it and have for a long time.  What no one can clarify is IF you can use the app on the ship, but as I said, we didn't try, even though I use it ALL the time normally.

People have reported being able to use the app onboard to pay for beverages at the Starbucks licensed kiosks.

46 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

People have reported being able to use the app onboard to pay for beverages at the Starbucks licensed kiosks.

Interesting. I just might have to make a call to Royal or ask our CD on Facebook if this is doable.

3 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

Interesting. I just might have to make a call to Royal or ask our CD on Facebook if this is doable.

I think you would have the best luck with the CD.  The shoreside support people seem to use the Magic Eight-Ball method to provide answers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

I think you would have the best luck with the CD.  The shoreside support people seem to use the Magic Eight-Ball method to provide answers.

Never been truer words spoken my friend!

• Like 1

You CAN use the app on the ship.  Just remember that you may need Internet to access to card while on the ship.  The app is basically just an electronic code for the gift card that is attached to your account.  They have the ability to scan this on the Oasis class ships.  You will earn stars for purchases but you can not redeem any stars.

If you aren't going to have Internet onboard and you want to use your card to earn stars (and don't have the physical card that the app is tied to) then just take a screenshot before you get on the ship of the pay screen from the app and then pull that up to pay at the Starbucks onboard.

2 hours ago, BND said:

The barcode in the app is directly tied to your gift card. Yes, it can be used. Yes, you earn stars. No, you cannot redeem stars or qualify for other promos (Star Dash, etc.).