Airport transfers question

hallux

I believe we get a designated disembarkation time.  If the ship is scheduled to "dock" at 7 AM, what time is that disembarkation for airport transfers usually?  How long is it usually before the first shuttle leaves?  I'm sailing on the Bliss Oct 27-Nov. 4 if it matters.  I know it's going to be about a 45 minute ride to the airport.  Can I self-disembark or do I HAVE to let them take my bag overnight (I've self-disembarked on my 3 previous cruises).

Thanks.  Do they designate people to a certain bus or can someone, like me, with a later flight grab a seat?  Obviously I understand folks with earlier flights should/would have priority on the early buses.

Just trying to plan the day...

6 minutes ago, hallux said:

Thanks.  Do they designate people to a certain bus or can someone, like me, with a later flight grab a seat?  Obviously I understand folks with earlier flights should/would have priority on the early buses.

Just trying to plan the day...

I would ask Guest Services  

Have you already purchased your transfer?  If so, you will probably be assigned to one of the later buses.

Usually the 1st buses are for passengers for flights before 1 P.M.

50 minutes ago, hallux said:

I believe we get a designated disembarkation time.  If the ship is scheduled to "dock" at 7 AM, what time is that disembarkation for airport transfers usually?  How long is it usually before the first shuttle leaves?  I'm sailing on the Bliss Oct 27-Nov. 4 if it matters.  I know it's going to be about a 45 minute ride to the airport.  Can I self-disembark or do I HAVE to let them take my bag overnight (I've self-disembarked on my 3 previous cruises).

You do not have to use the ships porters, you can carry your own bags. Buses will run as they fill. So, buses will leave before the transfer luggage tags are called for non-self assist people. 

We use SuperShuttle from San Pedro. They are lined up and ready to leave as they fill. And are cheaper than the cruise line transfers. 

17 hours ago, hallux said:

lol, 11:30 PM.  We're just using the transfer to get to the airport to pick up a rental for the day.

Is this the time they assigned you for the free/reduced air?  We are on the Bliss ending in Seattle in May and haven't decided yet to take the air or shore credit perk.  That time is not acceptable to me.  Also, is it nonstop or with changes?

@EllieinNJ that's the flight given by the free/reduced air.  It's not non-stop as there is absolutely no way to get from my home airport to LA without changing planes.  In all honesty - I'm OK with it as there are literally only 4 flights that are not overnight but leave late enough to be suitable post-cruise so we anticipated we'd be on a red-eye and might have even booked one for the money savings if we booked ourselves.