Mast Grill Veggie Burgers Question

jasm8449

In my experience on Summit, Equinox and Reflection, that tended to be a little too much to hope for...on the other hand, the veggie patties are so bad (and take such a long time to prepare) that you won't miss much if you simply avoid them.

On a happier note, they do a great job regarding veterinarian preferences throughout the rest of the ship. Those veggie burgers really have been my sole disappointment foodwise.

If you're in Luminae and give them a day's notice, the kitchen can produce a really tasty veg burger...but you have to specify that you don't want the standard one otherwise the same cardboard served at Mast Grill will be served up. I generally do that on a couple of sea day lunches.

IME - there have been a few cooks who cleaned a section of the grill before cooking the veggie burgers.  YMMV

By 'cleaned a section' I mean they scrapped and wiped down the section of the grill where the burger was going to be cooked.

If it is important, I recommend asking the cook to clean the section the burger will be cooked on. That is the best we can hope for in this type of situation. I Am sure if you become a 'regular' at The Mast, they will know how you wish the burger be prepared, for sure...

Yet, I do believe that if you asked them to clean a section before grilling, they would do so.

bon appetite and bon voyage

From what I witnessed on equinox last week. No. I had to ask for a turkey burger. I wanted cheese on it. They threw it back on the grill. The grill where the meat was. I had to pretend like I didn’t see it. I’m not a vegetarian, but I don’t eat red meat. The vegetarian Indian food on the buffet, was the best food on the buffet. 

On Silhouette last Januar y, there was a separate chef on a different grill for veggie burgers.  

Hubby and I stood in line for his burger, and I said just fries, I don't eat meat.  Server pointed out that "But they have veggie burgers" so I got one.  Maybe because there were so many people lined up, that the demand warranted a separate station?