Warning: RoyalUp Upgrade to Studio Cabin

I've searched the RoyalUp threads and haven't seen this scenario so I figured I put this out there... if you're travelling solo and submit a RoyalUp offer, be aware you could be "upgraded" to a studio cabin.

I'll be on Harmony in two weeks, originally booked in an interior.  I made a pretty low RoyalUp offer (just slightly higher than the minimum bid) to upgrade to an oceanview a while back and today got an email that it had been accepted.  The notification email said I was upgraded to "Ocean View", but when I looked at the updated invoice  and checked the deck plan for the upgraded room I saw it was actually a "Studio Ocean View".  So while I'm happy to have the oceanview, I wasn't so happy about the smaller square footage (or that they charged the double occupancy bid price for a single occupancy cabin).

49 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I've searched the RoyalUp threads and haven't seen this scenario so I figured I put this out there... if you're travelling solo and submit a RoyalUp offer, be aware you could be "upgraded" to a studio cabin.

I'll be on Harmony in two weeks, originally booked in an interior.  I made a pretty low RoyalUp offer (just slightly higher than the minimum bid) to upgrade to an oceanview a while back and today got an email that it had been accepted.  The notification email said I was upgraded to "Ocean View", but when I looked at the updated invoice  and checked the deck plan for the upgraded room I saw it was actually a "Studio Ocean View".  So while I'm happy to have the oceanview, I wasn't so happy about the smaller square footage (or that they charged the double occupancy bid price for a single occupancy cabin).

You now have a window.

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Make sure that they still give you the double points as you had originally booked a cabin that you were entitled to receive the double points for. 

Definitely.

3 hours ago, JamesEM said:

I did not get double points, even though the cabin had a port hole the cabin was so small I had to go out side to change my mind, never again. 

If you had originally booked a studio cabin you would not receive double points.  It is only if you book a regular cabin and pay the single supplement as the OP did that you get the double points.

Since Royal is very clear that with the Royal up bid program you get the points for the cabin booked and not actually sailed then the OP is entitled to receive double points as they originally booked a regular cabin.  In most cases this works in Royals favour as people who bid up from a balcony to a suite still only get regular points but in this case it works against Royal as the OP was moved from a regular cabin to a studio.

• Like 1