Discount on drink package for 3rd person in suite?

tray

I am considering the 2 bedroom on the Haven Getaway for a cruise next August. We would have three in the suite, but only two of us would get the drink package perk. Right now, it will cost ~$1300 for us to purchase a drink package for the third person. The third person is 'free' when booking; although, the suite is $13,000 plus with gratuities, insurance, etc added..... So her cruise fare is hidden in there, in my opinion. I know there will be varied opinions on that, but my question is this: do they ever run specials on their drink packages since their perks are always offered?

44 minutes ago, tray said:

I am considering the 2 bedroom on the Haven Getaway for a cruise next August. We would have three in the suite, but only two of us would get the drink package perk. Right now, it will cost ~$1300 for us to purchase a drink package for the third person. The third person is 'free' when booking; although, the suite is $13,000 plus with gratuities, insurance, etc added..... So her cruise fare is hidden in there, in my opinion. I know there will be varied opinions on that, but my question is this: do they ever run specials on their drink packages since their perks are always offered?

The only discount you'll get on a drink package is you or your other cabin mate passing on drinks to him/her. LOL!

1300 is a lot to pay for drinks for one person on a cruise, even if its a longer one...  I would pay as you go unless you're certain to exceed that value by a large amount.

I have never seen a deal on the beverage package outside of the "free-at-sea" promotion.

So, you may want to re-arrange the names on the reservation to result in a lower overall bill so the best person is listed third.  Perhaps one person is just a lighter drinker.  Or is wine the preferred beverage for one of them?  If so you could look at wine packages or perhaps bring / pay corkage on a few bottles of his/her favorite wine.

• Like 1