Early December TA temps & balcony?

erdoran

Found a great priced TA cruise, Barcelona to NYC, via Grenada, Funchal, Azores, Bermuda, Dec 5-19, 2020 (Getaway).  I’ve booked an aft Haven balcony which is beautiful—but I’m wondering if the temperature will be warm enough to really enjoy it, and if we should do the regular Haven instead (same price, no long walks).  I love the balcony!  Looking at average December temps they are 50’s and 60’s; no way to see average temps during the sea days.

What are others’ experiences?  I’m thinking even 60’s and sunshine with a sweater at worst will still be lovely, hubby is saying it will be too cold - which it will after Bermuda, no doubt, but until then ?????

TIA

The seas it in Mediterranean can be unstable and unpredictable at that time of year. Chances are it will be a bit of a disappointment. We took a TA back from Rome in 2012 and only used our balcony two days.  We decided it wan't worth it although we had a wonderful time with a few rainy ports. 

4 hours ago, erdoran said:

Found a great priced TA cruise, Barcelona to NYC, via Grenada, Funchal, Azores, Bermuda, Dec 5-19, 2020 (Getaway).  I’ve booked an aft Haven balcony which is beautiful—but I’m wondering if the temperature will be warm enough to really enjoy it, and if we should do the regular Haven instead (same price, no long walks).  I love the balcony!  Looking at average December temps they are 50’s and 60’s; no way to see average temps during the sea days.

What are others’ experiences?  I’m thinking even 60’s and sunshine with a sweater at worst will still be lovely, hubby is saying it will be too cold - which it will after Bermuda, no doubt, but until then ?????

TIA

I'm on this same cruise. I've done 2 TAs, 1 east, 1 west. 

I booked this one b/c of departure from Barcelona. I love balonies too but for this one I've booked an OA, forward facing oceanview.  

The Atlantic can be a bit dicey in early spring or late fall.  We cruised through a tropical storm from Dover, England, Oct. 2015. For DH & I, it was fine, for others not so much.  

The temps weren't too bad but I suspect they will be much cooler, 2 months later on this cruise; the saving grace, will of course, be a fewer stops in warmer regions. 

Rain, cool temps, lots of wind I suspect, as well.  Temps, upper 40s to lower 60s. 

I'm sure others will have more experiences and I'm definitely interested as well.