Shared vs. Individual OBC from Visa Card?

I just redeemed some Visa points from my card and from my husband's for OBC on our upcoming cruise.  Both of our receipts show part of our credits as "shared" and part of our credits as "individual".  I've always select shared when I redeemed our points before.  I must have made the wrong selection this time.  I can't find any explanation of the difference on the BOA web site.  I'm hoping that it doesn't mean that the individual credit can only be used by one of us.  Can anybody help?

30 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Shared means split evenly between the guests in the stateroom.  Individual means one guest gets all the OBC.

Selecting one or the other is often messed up by Royal IT.

30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You'll be fine, at end of day they combine your accounts.

OK - so these two answers conflict.  It sounds like one of us might have excess OBC at the end of the cruise while the other might have a balance (all on the same account).  As long as they reconcile it on the final bill I'm fine with that.  If not, who do I need to call to get it fixed?

46 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

If you are both on the same account it will apply to the total bill.   OBC is posted as a credit to your account so, if the accounts are combined, the credits will be combined ...

Thank you!  It sounds like we will be fine.

When I sailed on Allure in June, I redeemed credits that were to be for me only, as the booking had me and my son on it, when we were going to have him moved into a cabin with his wife and his daughter moved from the cabin with her mother into mine.  I did check for the credit to be mine only.

When we got onboard, I noticed a couple of days into the cruise that the credit was split between my son and I, even though he had been moved out on day 1.  We were going to go to guest services to have the credit transferred, but my son just gave me the money and he kept the credit on his account and used it.

I've also had credit from a travel agent sent to me and my sister and it was all applied to my account.  I'd have enjoyed spending it, but not so much my sister.  We went to Guest Services and had half transferred to her.  

I don't know why things get messed up, but they do and even though it's a pain, going to Guest Services is easy if it's not a busy time there.

3 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

When I sailed on Allure in June, I redeemed credits that were to be for me only, as the booking had me and my son on it, when we were going to have him moved into a cabin with his wife and his daughter moved from the cabin with her mother into mine.  I did check for the credit to be mine only.

When we got onboard, I noticed a couple of days into the cruise that the credit was split between my son and I, even though he had been moved out on day 1.  We were going to go to guest services to have the credit transferred, but my son just gave me the money and he kept the credit on his account and used it.

I've also had credit from a travel agent sent to me and my sister and it was all applied to my account.  I'd have enjoyed spending it, but not so much my sister.  We went to Guest Services and had half transferred to her.  

I don't know why things get messed up, but they do and even though it's a pain, going to Guest Services is easy if it's not a busy time there.

Sounds like a mess.  I've never had any problem with OBC being applied correctly, but I take all of my documentation with me just in case.

7 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

Sounds like a mess.  I've never had any problem with OBC being applied correctly, but I take all of my documentation with me just in case.

Oh, I take all my documentations with me as well.  I have learned over the years that it's the safest thing to do.

I have used cc OBC both as individual and shared and have always had no issues.  I travel with my wife and son and all 3 of us are linked to my cc for payment, so it doesn't really matter.  The credit shows as available until it is used.  Any purchases that my wife or son make get transferred to my account because of the link to my cc.  

2 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

I have used cc OBC both as individual and shared and have always had no issues.  I travel with my wife and son and all 3 of us are linked to my cc for payment, so it doesn't really matter.  The credit shows as available until it is used.  Any purchases that my wife or son make get transferred to my account because of the link to my cc.  

Thank you!