Beach Beds on CocoCay

kasil

The on-line description of the beach beds states that there is a maximum of 4 guests per bed. Does that mean the bed is big enough for 4 adults? Or is it meant for 2 adults and 2 kids?

6 hours ago, kasil said:

The on-line description of the beach beds states that there is a maximum of 4 guests per bed. Does that mean the bed is big enough for 4 adults? Or is it meant for 2 adults and 2 kids?

It's roughly the size of a king size bed, maybe a skosh bigger in each direction.  If you're all lying down on the bed at the same time, you'll be cozy.  However, if you're just going to lie in bed all day, why not stay on the ship for free?

Most of the cabanas and beds were empty most of the time when I was on Coco Cay last month... people are in the water, at the pool, at the buffet, etc., much of the day, rather than lounging on a bed.

I'm researching this now (and I love that it's an option since I need a shady place to sit when not in the water AND my instant-sunburn husband won't even go to the beach with me unless he knows there will be shade waiting for there him).  Based on videos posted on Youtube, the beds look pretty generous in size and include 2 loungers. 

Cococay Beach Beds

2 hours ago, Bluegirl said:

I'm researching this now (and I love that it's an option since I need a shady place to sit when not in the water AND my instant-sunburn husband won't even go to the beach with me unless he knows there will be shade waiting for there him).  Based on videos posted on Youtube, the beds look pretty generous in size and include 2 loungers. 

Cococay Beach Beds

2 hours ago, benzygirl said:

Going in 3 weeks.....Nov 2019

wondering how far from these beach beds at south beach, you have to go to get food or go to the restroom

my hubby needs shade too!

Shade is EVERYWHERE on Coco Cay now -- there is a 2-chair umbrella every 2-4 loungers on every beach and around the pool.  No need for a beach bed just to get shade.

Edited to add photo from September 26th:
71059690_10156490778371905_40750490790658048_n.thumb.jpg.a51ac19d3e574e6a3610f4d85f434f6e.jpg

Edited by brillohead
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bluegirl said:

Thanks for the info. It will be my first time at Cococay. I think you've both talked me out of the beach beds!

There's nothing wrong with getting one, but I'm frugal with my money, and if I can get plenty of shade easily without spending a dime, that's exactly what I'm gonna do.  I'm gonna save that $200 or so and put it towards another cruise!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, benzygirl said:

I was wondering about availability of umbrella chairs but we will be on Navigator and only ship (3800 peeps) vs 5800 on other ships.  So maybe getting chairs in the shade won’t be impossible  

Don’t forget not everyone gets off. 

48 minutes ago, benzygirl said:

I was wondering about availability of umbrella chairs but we will be on Navigator and only ship (3800 peeps) vs 5800 on other ships.  So maybe getting chairs in the shade won’t be impossible  

I was there twice on Mariner a few weeks ago (B2B) and getting chairs wasn't a problem either time. 

The first week, we didn't get to the pool until after lunch (had a wedding that morning) and got chairs and an umbrella.  We did the first beach over the bridge the morning of the second stop and got chairs and an umbrella right next to the bar.  We even changed beaches after lunch and had no problem walking up to two empty chairs under an umbrella.

If you're the only ship and that ship is a Voyager class, there will be chairs and umbrellas EVERYWHERE.

On 10/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, brillohead said:

I was there twice on Mariner a few weeks ago (B2B) and getting chairs wasn't a problem either time. 

The first week, we didn't get to the pool until after lunch (had a wedding that morning) and got chairs and an umbrella.  We did the first beach over the bridge the morning of the second stop and got chairs and an umbrella right next to the bar.  We even changed beaches after lunch and had no problem walking up to two empty chairs under an umbrella.

If you're the only ship and that ship is a Voyager class, there will be chairs and umbrellas EVERYWHERE.

Just rechecked and Mariner and Navigator will be there on Nov 3rd.  That's a lot of people. Almost 8000

I think I'll keep the bed

10 hours ago, benzygirl said:

Just rechecked and Mariner and Navigator will be there on Nov 3rd.  That's a lot of people. Almost 8000

It's only "almost 8000" if both ships are completely filled to absolute max capacity.... which rarely happens outside of school holidays.  

On 10/9/2019 at 8:05 PM, benzygirl said:

We were there with Mariner and found plenty of spaces.   

On 10/9/2019 at 4:27 PM, Bluegirl said:

Cococay Beach Beds

Very nice video. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

They probably don't mention loungers being included with the beach bed because loungers are free and plentiful for everyone, whereas the beach mats and waters aren't free.  

If you want a lounger near your beach bed, I'm sure the attendant will drag one closer for you if you don't want to drag it yourself.