Dining Room food on the Breeze

Debs6475

Going on the Breeze in May and we wondering how the food is in the Main dining room. Our last carnival cruise was on the Splendor and the food in the dining room was horrible. We had the worst experience on any cruise ship we have been on, so of course we are gun shy. We do have steak house reservations and the food has always been good in the specialty restaurants, but we would like to have a good experience in the MDR as well. Any thoughts or recent cruisers on the Breeze. Thank you.

This topic is subjective so please understand this is my opinion and those expressed by my cabin mates.  We had early assigned dining in the aft dining room each cruise.

We found the MDR food ranged from decent to very good, with most of it being good.

It was always served hot and fresh.  Occasionally there were no entrees that interested me but I was happy with a combination of multiple appetizers.

The whole American Table concept has never appealed to me.  I don't want fried chicken or flat iron steak, but that issue is fleet-wide and not specific to the Breeze.

Overall we enjoyed most of what we ordered and have since decided not to pay the upcharge for the Steakhouse.

I hope you enjoy the Breeze.  I was sad when she was moved from Galveston.

We were on the Breeze last October and found the food in the MDR very good to outstanding. We had no complaints about any of it. There were four adults in our party and for the most part had four different entrees and appetizers each night. We all were always very happy. We had anytime dining but requested the same server each night and it was always granted. We ate in the MDR all but one night when we went to the Italian restaurant. This was the 5th Carnival ship we have been on and we thought the MDR and food in general was the best of the ones we have been on. We loved the Breeze!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 11:33 AM, Debs6475 said:

food in the dining room was horrible.

over 15 cruises never experienced horrible food. Like Bury Me said decent to vey good always. Steakhouse good to outstanding

• Like 1

I lOVE Carnival Breeze food. I feel so spoilt by it. Is it mostly gourmet food? Absolutely not. And I'm not paying anything close to "gourmet" cruise prices ether. It's silly to expect $100 a person per plate food in the MDR when for many people, they aren

t even paying $100 a day for their entire cruise!  

• Like 1

We cruised on the Breeze a couple of weeks ago. I thought the MDR and buffet were great. However, I was not impressed with the Breeze Cucina for dinner. It was no where near as good as the Italian restaurant on the Sunshine, Magic, and Dream.

11 minutes ago, TravelE said:

We cruised on the Breeze a couple of weeks ago. I thought the MDR and buffet were great. However, I was not impressed with the Breeze Cucina for dinner. It was no where near as good as the Italian restaurant on the Sunshine, Magic, and Dream.

We ate at the Italian restaurant on the Magic.  I thought it was just ok.  The hubs loved it.  Italian is his favorite food.  I can take it or leave it. Except for pizza. I will always take it.

• Haha 1