LIVE From the Star Princess - Oct 6, 2019 - Seattle-Vancouver

CanadianBurger

23 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Had to call room service to ask where my mini bar setup was. I was informed that I could NOT substitute the liquor minis. But apparently I will be getting the full complement of 8, unlike previous 1-day voyages. 

They told me that they were out of the mini bottles and we would not get anything.  No sodas or beers.    Here’s a picture of the lunch dining room while we were waiting in line. It took 55 minutes in line.  They also closed the doors on the waiting people and told them to go to the buffet.   I was really surprised and even embarrassed 😞 

02102658-6A20-4780-9748-8B588CD8B109.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

Had to call room service to ask where my mini bar setup was. I was informed that I could NOT substitute the liquor minis. But apparently I will be getting the full complement of 8, unlike previous 1-day voyages. 

We boarded late after having brunch with our Seattle family. Called room service just before 2 for our mini bar. No problem trading for 10 beer & 10 perrier. It was delivered cold in about 10 minutes. 

Now we hear no reservations for the specialty restaurants just first come first serve. We’ll try our luck later. 

1 minute ago, CanadianBurger said:

Just what I need... another beverage...

164CE36C-50D5-45DC-9AF9-7927B3B5528C.jpeg

Just had ours delivered. One per stateroom not one per person. That’s new - always received one each on other short cruises. I guess dh & I are sharing the drink. 

I'm ok this ship too. I've never seen a full dining room before at lunch and this is my 19th cruise. 

They were also saying that the rooms wouldn't be ready till one. We got on at 12 and after striking out at the MDR, we went to our room (mini on deck E) it was ready. 

Also only one drink coupon. 

Not a great start. 

We did the Eurodam 1nighter last weekend and it was way better. 

Also, check in was pretty funny... I think there's more Plat/Elites on this ship than reds and blues.... more people were going to the priority line than the normal line. 

Managed to vacate the cabin only a few minutes after eight. Went down to the MDR, but the line was crazy long. Went up to Horizon Court instead. Line wasn’t too bad, and they had corned beef hash, crispy bacon, fried eggs, and bagels that were actually freshly toasted and hot. Had to go back for a second plate, and by that time there was no line at all. 

Went up to Caribe to check out the balcony we have booked for Hawaii next year. Had to verify that the bed indeed faces the correct direction, as my wife doesn’t like going backwards, especially while sleeping. Now in the Elite disembarkation lounge trying to stay on board as long as possible. 

• Like 1

My wife and I were also onboard. While I felt that the staff were unfamiliar with these overnight cruises (inconsistent distribution of drink vouchers as an example), that they made up for it with a high level of friendliness, humor and smiles - at least compared to others we’ve been on.