Specialty Dining Question

TonyinMD

So I'll be on the Horizon in a couple weeks and waited too long to book a reservation for the Steakhouse (I was waiting to make sure my wife and I felt that our 5 year old would feel comfortable at Camp Ocean while we dined).   Now that we feel comfortable,  I went in our booking to see if I could make a reservation and it looks like the only option is Chef's Table.

I'm assuming this means that they are all booked for all the other specialty restaurants?    Has anybody had success getting a reservation after they look unavailable on the website?  

Just now, TonyinMD said:

So I'll be on the Horizon in a couple weeks and waited too long to book a reservation for the Steakhouse (I was waiting to make sure my wife and I felt that our 5 year old would feel comfortable at Camp Ocean while we dined).   Now that we feel comfortable,  I went in our booking to see if I could make a reservation and it looks like the only option is Chef's Table.

I'm assuming this means that they are all booked for all the other specialty restaurants?    Has anybody had success getting a reservation after they look unavailable on the website?  

Not sure how soon you are cruising.  All restaurants on the Horizon book independently, so you can try each one.  If you are sailing soon, go check in with the one you want to go to when you board and see what options there are.  Usually the first two nights the Steakhouse is fairly slow. 

• Like 1

@TonyinMD I've seen times when I tried to make a reservation for a restaurant and be told that nothing is available at that time, only to have it free up once we're onboard. I'd suggest you follow Jimbo's advice and when you board in a couple of weeks, just go to the steakhouse and ask what's available. Typically, they'll have a table set up near the Lido deck when you embark so you can ask there as well (look for the folks with a table full of meat!).

As for the other restaurants, I'm sure that it's the same situation... but I'd try now to make the reservation for each restaurant individually. 

My personal recommendations are the steakhouse first, Jiji's second, and Cucina del Capitano third.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cathyz said:

I've never seen the steakhouse completely full, so maybe they save a few tables for walk-ins.

This and we have walked in several times when we did not like the MDR menu. The most we waited was a few minutes, many open tables.