EZ Air Seat Assignments

travellingnana

Have never used EZ Air before but now have 3 separate reservations for next year.  The first two flights (American and Virgin Atlantic) I was able to go to the airline website and choose seats.  However, the last reservation is on  Lufthansa , and that website tells me I can't choose seats until 24 hrs before my flight.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Should I be worried?  (because I am).  Thanks

32 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

However, the last reservation is on  Lufthansa , and that website tells me I can't choose seats until 24 hrs before my flight.

When we last flew Lufthansa we had the option to wait until check-in 24 hours (36 hours for a free seat assignment if a member of their FF miles) before departure for free or to pay a non-refundable seat assignment to chose our preferred seats in advance on their website.

Edited by Astro Flyer

21 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

When we last flew Lufthansa we had the option to wait until check-in 24 hours (36 hours for a free seat assignment if a member of their FF miles) before departure for free or to pay a non-refundable seat assignment to chose our preferred seats in advance on their website.

Do you happen to remember how much that non-refundable seat fee was?

1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

Have never used EZ Air before but now have 3 separate reservations for next year.  The first two flights (American and Virgin Atlantic) I was able to go to the airline website and choose seats.  However, the last reservation is on  Lufthansa , and that website tells me I can't choose seats until 24 hrs before my flight.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Should I be worried?  (because I am).  Thanks

Lufthansa always has seat assignments 24 hours prior.

It is nothing new.

Some can get seat assignments because of airline  status or they have business class seats.

It is a terrible airline IMO.

One way I got around this is to book a United flight operated by Lufthansa. I was able to pick my seats to Rome.  

24 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Do you happen to remember how much that non-refundable seat fee was?

Here’s what I found on the Lufthansa website & between US cities & Europe it appears to be zone 4:  

Economy

• Standard: €30
  • Preferred:  €45
  • Extra legroom:  €75

https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/support/faq/faq-seat-reservation?faqcat=80806&faqname=seats

6 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Some can get seat assignments because of airline  status or they have business class seats.

One way I got around this is to book a United flight operated by Lufthansa. I was able to pick my seats to Rome.  

Agree they are not a good airline.  After being bumped from seats on 3 out of 4 flights, I refuse to fly lufthansa.  

This is a while back, but when I tried to book via the UA website for a lufthansa partner flight I was not able to select seats.  But if I booked the same flight via lufthansa's site, I was able to reserve a seat at the time of booking.  As said above, it didn't really matter as I was bumped anyway.  😕

Sorry to detour the thread -- 

16 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Lufthansa always has seat assignments 24 hours prior.

It is nothing new.

I thought of the UA connection, but the United flights offered are partnered with Air Canada.  While I have no problems with Air Canada, they will be (assuming it's allowed by then) flying 737 Max planes on that trip.  I'm not sure I'm ok with that.

35 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here’s what I found on the Lufthansa website & between US cities & Europe it appears to be zone 4:  

Economy

• Standard: €30
  • Preferred:  €45
  • Extra legroom:  €75

https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/support/faq/faq-seat-reservation?faqcat=80806&faqname=seats

Many thanks for looking this up.