Paradise beach question

dree_be_cruisin

Hi!  My family of 4 (husband and I and our 2 boys ages 6 and 8 ) are planning on going to Paradise Beach in Cozumel during our November Royal Carribean cruise.  We don't drink much alcohol but we like food so I was wondering if the all-inclusive option would be a waste of money for us?  What's your opinion?

Thank you!

Welcome to the boards! 😎

Unless you drink enough it is doubtful that the AI option makes sense. You can find menu prices for ON on line - run the numbers for your crew to be sure.

Have a great cruise! 

We were there with our two children, 20 and 22, this past Christmas. None of us drink. We probably spent about $60 on food (love the tacos off the food truck!) and a couple of mocktails. You have to realize that we are all healthy eaters and Mexican is at the top of our cuisine list, so we ate a fair amount. The AI package would have been a waste of money for us as the food was pretty inexpensive. I think they charged $3 per person entry. All in all, a fantastic beach/food day. Looking forward to it again next Christmas! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tlund said:

I don't see anywhere on Paradise Island's website to book for the a la carte.  Can that be booked ahead of time or is it only for those that just show up?

No reservations needed or even possible for pay as you go, just show up.

5 hours ago, JohninDC said:

No reservations needed or even possible for pay as you go, just show up.

Thanks.  Appreciate it.  I've only done AI's in the past and barely drink even though it's free.  The pay as you go works must better for us.

The day we are arriving in mid Feb 2020, there is 7 ships in port.  Do I need to be concerned about the resort filling up and not getting in.  I hate to waste cab ride to find out it is full.  I want to do non AI option.  I emailed Paradise Beach and they only take reservations for AI now.  Thanks

6-7 ships is about average for Cozumel, so don't worry too much.  PB is huge and I've never heard of them filling up and turning away customers.  That said, I would still get off the ship early and head to PB in order to get a better beach or pool location.

• 2 weeks later...

We have friends who are cruising on a different ship but will be in port the same day we are on our cruise.  They suggested meeting here for the day.  When I go to Paradise's website the map shows them located North of Punta Langusta pier where NCL docks, near all the shopping and within walking distance, which doesn't make sense.  When I use Google maps it shows it about 8-10 miles south passed the international pier and Puerta Maya pier and that seems much more accurate to me.  Can anyone confirm where it is for me?  Any idea how much it costs to get there from Punta Langusta?  How easy will it be to get a cab back?  Are they available throughout the day if we want to leave early and go back to town to shop or can they call a cab for us?

Also DH does not like pools or beaches, but we want to see our friends. Do they have a bar he can sit at that isn't in the pool or an area that is shaded he can sit and relax?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Taxi will be about $15-17 each way. Fare covers up to 4 passengers in the cab, and the current fares will be posted on a board near the taxi line for your pier. Ride takes 10-15 minutes.

Yes, there is a bar with bar stools or you can sit at tables. Enjoy!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bonnie1222 said:

We have friends who are cruising on a different ship but will be in port the same day we are on our cruise.  They suggested meeting here for the day.  When I go to Paradise's website the map shows them located North of Punta Langusta pier where NCL docks, near all the shopping and within walking distance, which doesn't make sense.  When I use Google maps it shows it about 8-10 miles south passed the international pier and Puerta Maya pier and that seems much more accurate to me.  Can anyone confirm where it is for me?  Any idea how much it costs to get there from Punta Langusta?  How easy will it be to get a cab back?  Are they available throughout the day if we want to leave early and go back to town to shop or can they call a cab for us?

Also DH does not like pools or beaches, but we want to see our friends. Do they have a bar he can sit at that isn't in the pool or an area that is shaded he can sit and relax?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Paradise beach website doesn’t seem to be working properly at the moment, at least for me. However this photo review should answer most of your questions with photos of the bar palapa next to pool, taxi rates etc. It is located south of Puerta Maya.  

https://cruiseradio.net/paradise-beach-cozumel-review-2019/

Easy to get cab back.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1