New ship

The Bullingdon Club

1 minute ago, Solent Richard said:

Amazing to hear - especially from the new Queen Anne converts. 😉

Never not been a convert...

There isn't so much room per passenger according to a table I saw in a magazine yesterday, so may miss that aspect of QM2, but be good to compare and contrast

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 4:58 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

Like it…..

Also tried Carnival (Defeat) once…Boarded San Juan….Disembarked (Early) Barbados… Flew home

Just goes to show how different we all are. We did a back to back into and out of New Orleans with two different cruise lines, Carnival Dream being the second.

We had a great time. Indeed, I titled my review 'A Very Pleasant Surprise'...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2018/02/09/carnival-dream-a-very-pleasant-surprise/ 

Edited by Solent Richard

2 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Never not been a convert...

There isn't so much room per passenger according to a table I saw in a magazine yesterday, so may miss that aspect of QM2, but be good to compare and contrast

I will let you know.

Good luck on the 6th. 

There was an event in the week that is being reported

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/refurb-interiors/queen-annes-art-and-interiors-inspired-cunards-past-designed-future

I am not sure it tells us much more but suggests the QA will be featuring lots of new contemporary art, so quite a departure from the current ships. Modern art can be quite polarising, I do hope it will still play on Cunard's heritage.

I think stepping aboard the QA after being on board any of the existing Queens will be akin to going from Queen Mary or Eiizabeth to the QE2 in 1969 (something radically different). 

• Like 1

I was privileged to receive  an invitation to attend an Immersive introduction to the new ship Queen Anne , which took place at Carlton House Terrace London, the other evening  30th November.  

It was a splendid evening and gave the opportunity for a glimpse  into the new ship and the opportunity to meet and interact with the Cunard team and many of those who are directly. responsible for the interior design including the onboard Art Work

Some of the 4,300 artworks and sculptures were on display.  It was a terrific evening, the Champagne flowed,  with high quality lite bites  and live entertainment from the Bright Lights Society.

From my previous opinions I came away very optimistic about my upcoming May 2024 voyage. 

• Like 7

On 12/1/2022 at 11:34 AM, Victoria2 said:

Without wishing my life away, the more I hear about this ship, the more I'm looking forward to trying her out. 🙂

I don't think you will be disappointed,  If it has  managed to convert me after a quick glimpse into it the other evening, then I think you'll be in for a surprise. 😉 

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

I don't think you will be disappointed,  If it has  managed to convert me after a quick glimpse into it the other evening, then I think you'll be in for a surprise. 😉 

Thank you.

That's very reassuring coming from you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

Okay, okay, okay! I've relented and performed a U-turn.

After much wrangling, we've decided to book a 14 day trip November 2024.

Still not 100% convinced, but we'll see.

Certainly BellBoy seems convinced and he's a trditionalist.

Ok, I want commission,  Cunard are you listening  😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 7:58 AM, exlondoner said:

That's really good news, and I am very pleased for Cunard. While I'm sure there are lots of people still using up Covid credits, let's hope they have got lots of new business.

Cunard has earned our business. This will be our first Cunard sailing. Can't wait to see Queen Anne in person!

• Like 3

Re: Modern art: Great ships  have always played a huge part in bringing contemporary art movements into the mainstream. Art Deco really exploded in popularity after it was incorporated into ships like the "Ile de France" and "Normandie" - so much so that the "streamlined moderne" art style is also known as the "Paqueboat" or "Ocean Liner" style.

Once upon a time, Cunard themselves were style innovators with the QE2 -- it's nice to see them remember that ships can be at the forefront of design again!

Edited by Starstruckharper
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

There may electic artwork on board the new ship- but it will also be the first ship without a PROPPER Prommenade Deck. Yes I am a whiner about the lack of a propper prommenade.

Okay, yeah, a promenade Deck does seem like something Cunard should have kept around.

• Like 2