Our Carnival Sunrise B2B to Bermuda?? & New England / Canada (with pics) – 9/16/2019.

Jamman54

7 hours ago, vacationlover16 said:

So glad you two are back &

doing your review! I am enjoying it very much & cant wait to read more. Was it your last review that you had just had surgery? I hope your recovery has gone well!

Thanks for reading. I had hip surgery last December and all is well now. Thanks for asking.😎

6 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

I am loving this review.  I really admire you and your lovely wife as it seems you are a fun loving couple who enjoy each others company and fun times together.  Cruise On!!

Thanks for reading and for your kind words. 😀

14 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey folks! I am a huge Yankee fan so I am glued to the tv now. I won't be posting anything tonight but I promise I will tomorrow. Thanks! 😁

Huge fan here too, I'll be at tonight's game, if they play. Hopefully a better outcome then yesterday. 😁

Great review so far, enjoyable read.

Edited by mdin

3 hours ago, mdin said:

Huge fan here too, I'll be at tonight's game, if they play. Hopefully a better outcome then yesterday. 😁

Great review so far, enjoyable read.

Thanks for reading. Let's go Yankees!😀

28 minutes ago, Luke Saint Joe said:

Hey, Jeff. Enjoying another great review! Having had to cancel Bermuda saddened us & look at what we missed out on!!! But, we're booked on Breeze for Christmas out of Port Canaveral.  Say hello to Patti for me & let's hope the Yankees play much better tonight!!!!

Hey Lorrie! It worked out well that you had to cancel. Hope Dave is feeling better. He must be since you booked the Breeze. Great ship.😀

16 hours ago, wesorbeth said:

I'm from Cincinnati, it's been rough, real rough 😞

Jamman, A yankee fan all my life. Grew up in the Bronx with Ford, Berra and Mantle. I think we are in big trouble. Starting pitching is our downfall. Have not liked some of Boone’s pitching moves. Hope Im wrong, but I think it’s Houston in 6 games. Be in front of the tv with you until the end.

Edited by skrufy
Addition

My first world problem: I found a Jeff and Patti review, but I found it early - so now I have to wait for the next post. But I solved that problem, I'm rereading their Magical B2B/Elation thread (sailing on Magic on Sunday) - something to do between Jeff's posts! Thanks for taking the time to post such wonderful reviews.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, skrufy said:

Jamman, A yankee fan all my life. Grew up in the Bronx with Ford, Berra and Mantle. I think we are in big trouble. Starting pitching is our downfall. Have not liked some of Boone’s pitching moves. Hope Im wrong, but I think it’s Houston in 6 games. Be in front of the tv with you until the end.

I agree with everything you said. Ottovino should not be allowed to step on the field anymore.☹

Edited by Jamman54

4 minutes ago, beachbum6264 said:

My first world problem: I found a Jeff and Patti review, but I found it early - so now I have to wait for the next post. But I solved that problem, I'm rereading their Magical B2B/Elation thread (sailing on Magic on Sunday) - something to do between Jeff's posts! Thanks for taking the time to post such wonderful reviews.

Glad to have you with us! My pace has been much slower than usual but I promise to get a lot posted starting tonight.😀

Thanks for bringing us along, this is the first time I'm reading one of your reviews, and I must say I'm enjoying it. I wish I had known about the fog horns, I'm booked on the Mardi Gras next Sept in my first cove balcony going to Canada, guess I'd better bring some ear plugs, LOL. Well since I've caught up here, I'll go look up some of your prior reviews. Thanks again, and glad you're feeling better.

1 hour ago, EBONI325 said:

Thanks for bringing us along, this is the first time I'm reading one of your reviews, and I must say I'm enjoying it. I wish I had known about the fog horns, I'm booked on the Mardi Gras next Sept in my first cove balcony going to Canada, guess I'd better bring some ear plugs, LOL. Well since I've caught up here, I'll go look up some of your prior reviews. Thanks again, and glad you're feeling better.

Glad that you have found us and happy that you are here. We will be getting on the Mardi Gras when you return from your Canada cruise. Can't wait!

I will be posting about our day in Charleston shortly, but until then, enjoy one of our many other reviews. 😎

• Like 1

Day # 3 – 9/18/19  -  Charleston, SC (8 am – 3:30 pm).

We woke up to a beautiful sunny day. The temperature is now 74 degrees, but it will be in the mid 80’s later. Here are today’s Fun Times…..

i-KCZ99LP-XL.jpg

i-3QwZ2vT-XL.jpg

i-pwCbNtD-XL.jpg

Here are the shore excursions that were offered for our stop in Charleston today. None of them appealed to us…..

i-gzM7Mth-XL.jpg

Our cabin must be haunted. The power kicked off while Patti was drying her hair! I think this one was on us though. Patti had plugged into our power strip which was also being used to charge my laptop among other things. For the rest of the trip she plugged directly into the 2nd socket and we never had any more trouble. We called Guest Services who had maintenance come and reset the breaker.

Patti wasn’t hungry for breakfast, but I was, so up to the Blue Iguana Cantina for a breakfast buritto. I took it over to the Red Frog Rum Bar for a Thirsty Frog Wheat to help wash it down. The breakfast of champions! :classic_biggrin:

We left the ship right around 9:30 am. On the way out we bumped into Tyler and he posed for a picture with Patti. He said he would be getting off the ship a little later……

i-bZXt5c4-XL.jpg

We have arrived in Charleston…..

i-vcwtT6f-XL.jpg

They must be happy to see us…..

i-GWrV2tn-XL.jpg

Patti and I begin exploring…..

i-RJmCvR8-XL.jpg

i-pGGXjFt-XL.jpg

The United States Custom House is right across the street from the Cruise Terminal…..

i-Z2QtPJK-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 1

We walked over to the nearby Joe Riley Waterfront Park……

i-XcRFDcQ-XL.jpg

i-G8Dkn4z-XL.jpg

This is a beautiful fountain, and you are allowed to wade in it if you want…..

i-WNGTQNB-XL.jpg

i-tBZmRCT-XL.jpg

i-Zf6wNDB-XL.jpg

We walked out onto the pier where we got these beautiful views of the Carnival Sunrise docked in Charleston…..

i-dKZDG6M-XL.jpg

i-5W6H5DR-XL.jpg

You can catch Water Taxi’s out at the end of the pier…..

i-DdNzhmK-XL.jpg

Here are some views from out on the pier….

i-w8QJcBc-XL.jpg

i-9VTTGgX-XL.jpg

i-55h25C2-XL.jpg

i-HWCC8KC-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 2

Here are some more views of the Carnival Sunrise docked in Charleston…..

i-MbCTmNX-XL.jpg

i-qwrJSQb-XL.jpg

i-K2LBCKC-XL.jpg

Here are a couple of views as we walked through Waterfront Park…..

i-qkzzRkG-XL.jpg

i-VhBXf9v-XL.jpg

This is the City Gallery located by Waterfront Park…..

i-f8L79g3-XL.jpg

We move inland and explore the French Quarter…..

i-vkSw6zr-XL.jpg

i-ZJsfg4K-XL.jpg

This is the Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon…..

i-5qGMwLP-XL.jpg

i-jrGLpwz-XL.jpg

i-qmpp8tg-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 3

We continue exploring historic Charleston. Here are some beautiful cobblestone streets…..

i-mffpnQv-XL.jpg

i-mcBCVVq-XL.jpg

A horse drawn carriage tour passes by…..

i-ZHRrjS8-XL.jpg

Here is the historical Hugeunot Church and graveyard…..

i-9rwGsn6-XL.jpg

i-knfBKJw-XL.jpg

i-Jzv86qt-XL.jpg

i-RsfcXbF-XL.jpg

i-Nxn6ZMg-XL.jpg

Love these old buildings. What beautiful architecture…..

i-7F49tbG-XL.jpg

i-KBCRGCv-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 2

Next we came upon another historical church, St. Philips…..

i-7kBj4GP-XL.jpg

i-ZXZ82fb-XL.jpg

The church welcomes visitors inside. It is very beautiful…..

i-ZjTtndh-XL.jpg

i-dmxPpvn-XL.jpg

i-VCvc84H-XL.jpg

i-Nzmg6bP-XL.jpg

i-s2B2RtJ-XL.jpg

We are back outside to check out the graveyard and headstones, some dating back to the 1700’s…..

i-m4Fmdnn-XL.jpg

i-wXrJW2x-XL.jpg

i-hBdD4gt-XL.jpg

i-DKCP356-XL.jpg

i-FbQL4Cr-XL.jpg

i-pkDWPxd-XL.jpg

i-9zbqbj8-XL.jpg

i-V7HS9GK-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 3

Another horse drawn carriage tour rumbles by……

i-bVsjg9r-XL.jpg

It’s time to start looking for Husband Daycare as Patti would like to browse the shops. We see this Irish Pub on the corner. When I looked at the menu board I swear I thought it said the name was “Tommy Condoms”

i-fmxfKcK-XL.jpg

It won’t open for another half hour so we continue our walk. We spot a whale tail in the distance….

i-nJZzQ3H-XL.jpg

We have found our spot. Husband Daycare today in Charleston will be at TBONZ Gill & Grill. I got there just as it opened…..

i-KbR76kJ-XL.jpg

I’m settled in so Patti heads out. This is one of several sections of the City Market…..

i-rdNvJ7G-XL.jpg

i-5nZTVhb-XL.jpg

Patti is inside the City Market……

i-rzCzxc5-XL.jpg

i-bkgtdJR-XL.jpg

Here is a Market Street Map…..

i-jGZVzGp-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Which one would you have chosen, and why? :classic_smile:

Gosh, I think all of them sound interesting!  I grew up in NC,  my family was big on all the historic sites, especially the  Revolutionary war and Civil war sites, so we visited them on weekends and vacations.  Charleston we did when I was little, so I don't remember much, just the yummy food.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

Gosh, I think all of them sound interesting!  I grew up in NC,  my family was big on all the historic sites, especially the  Revolutionary war and Civil war sites, so we visited them on weekends and vacations.  Charleston we did when I was little, so I don't remember much, just the yummy food.  

We saw quite a bit just walking around, but you are right, there is a lot to see. Thanks for indulging my curiosity. :classic_smile:

Patti heads back to TBONZ and we have lunch…..

i-6sWtQ62-XL.jpg

i-v4hwCDV-XL.jpg

i-CRzmXZt-XL.jpg

The portions are HUGE. Here are Patti’s salad and my nachos…..

i-m8XKLHV-XL.jpg

i-BZB3qwk-XL.jpg

After lunch we decided to head back to the ship…..

i-f257zQ8-XL.jpg

i-LVW2ZrV-XL.jpg

i-NTsjFGP-XL.jpg

i-PB6hSnb-XL.jpg

i-QNLgnq9-XL.jpg

i-Jc53pbs-XL.jpg

i-jGVnPNg-XL.jpg

i-HkRHZBB-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 2