Loyal Celebrity Cruiser Booking the Emerald Princess

JerseyGirlatHeart

Hi all, we have been loyal Celebrity Cruisers for years, and are in the process of booking an Emerald Princess 28-day Hawaii Cruise (Celebrity does not have a comparable itinerary).  For those that have cruised both Celebrity and Princess what will we love and what will we not?  Know this is subjective, just looking for comparisons.

Thanks

I like the adult only Terrace pool on Deck 14 (Riviera).  Secluded and has a bar close buy.  International Café on Deck 5 has what I call an Egg McMuffin which is something you can grab before early excursions and also has great salads/deserts/pastries/sandwiches - I think it is open 24/7.  Deck 7 has Crown Grill which is a great steak house (30 addt'l per person) and also a great lounge called Crooners which usually has a pianist or some other type of music.  I have found the service to be very good on the Emerald.  If you like coffee be sure and buy their coffee package as it is well worth the cost (coffee in dining rooms and buffet are not so great).   Emerald also has a chef's table that you need to sign up for right away after you board the ship.  It's well worth the additional cost if you like wine and pampering - you get a tour of the kitchen, cookbook, rose and picture at the conclusion.  I think the price was around 125 per person.  You can also sign up for a ship's tour - my husband did this and really enjoyed it.  You also need to sign up right after you board as they only allow a very limited number of guests.  For any of the shows you need to show up 30 minutes early as the seats fill up rather quickly.  In the cabin the shampoo and conditioner are not the greatest .   Bedding is very comfortable.  Balconies are not overly large.  Self-service laundries on each deck - I always bring detergent pods and softener sheets.  There are also irons and ironing boards in laundries.   For a 28 day cruise you are probably going to have at least 4 formal nights - you can either dress to the nines or if you like men can get away with dress pants and a collard shirt and women can wear slacks and nice blouse or dress.   You will get a suggested time to board but they pretty much let you on board anytime after 11 AM or so.  You may not get into your cabin right away.  First day you can either eat lunch in Main Dining Room or buffet.  This is a lot of info but I think you will enjoy the Emerald and Princess.  

No idea on a comparison as we have only cruised with Princess. I can tell you that we absolutely loved the 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise on Emerald Princess. Not one complaint. Great ship. Great crew. Great CC crowd on the cruise. We would love to do that one again. Perhaps one day we will.