Upsell offer declined 15 day Star

shrum1

We have 11 days until final payment. I have checked for months on the grand hawaii in jan 2020 still no neighbors. and a lot of the suites are booked. I cant see us getting and upsale or upgrade. but I doubt I would take it with virtually no neighbors on the interior or the surrounding balconies. It would have to be very very tempting to get me to move at this point.

We took a $249 pp upsell from an obstructed OV to a midship caribe deck balcony on the Grand to Alaska last year.  I felt like we won the lottery as we paid very little for the cruise originally.  It's the only time we were ever offered an upsell from Princess in our numerous sailings with them.  However, we found out late in the game that the big box TA we used for all those cruises has a policy that they don't forward these offers to their clients.  I still use them on occasion but really  only when we are in a stateroom where we absolutely don't want to change.  

We cruised to Alaska, last April, on the Ruby Princess.  We booked our favorite balcony cabin--Deck 12 as far forward as possible.  (We like to be the first persons in town.  😉

A few weeks before final payment we received the "Congratulations, You Have Been Upgraded" email.  No, that wasn't what we considered to be an upgrade and were able to get reinstated in our original cabin.

I checked and it looked like there were only six cabins booked forward from the elevators on Deck 12.

Then, days before final payment, we received an upsell offer to a mini-suite.  We were not interested.

Still only those six cabins booked forward of the elevators on Deck 6.

Final Payment day came and passed.  Now that I think of it, I refared mere days prior and was able to save $900.

I monitored the status of the cabins in our neighborhood pretty regularly in the next few weeks.  It just appeared that nobody wanted to cruise with us in the front.  Two weeks prior to the cruise there were still only a dozen, or so, cabins--balcony or inside--sold up there.

We sailed completely full.  All the cabins in our neighborhood were occupied.  Princess knows how to send it's ship out at full capacity.

We recently got an upsell offer on our December 10 day Island Princess cruise; $229pp from a balcony to a mini.  Not worth it to me, I only like mini's for the bathtub anyway.  

That price was not much different than what my sisters, who are sailing with us, paid originally for their mini suite.  Now if they give us a free upgrade.......or a lot cheaper upsell, well maybe.

We received an upsell offer about two months before our cruise: $1,099 per person to move from an inside to a balcony (16-day transatlantic on the Crown). About two weeks before the cruise, we received another offer of $899 per person for the same move. 

The number of cabins showing up as available may not reflect the number of cabins booked due to people who booked guarantees awaiting their assignments. 

We received a slight upgrade from a Cat. IF to a Cat. IB. On my last cruise, I received a true upgrade from an inside to an unobstructed view.