Sunrise Journey out of NY

Darwal

Looking for thoughts on doing a 9 day Journey cruise out of NY on the Sunrise early June 2020.  I sailed out of NY on the Splendor and did not have any issues with crowds or overwhelming rudeness.  That being said I have never done a journey cruise and wondering if the crowds are different between journey vs shorter cruises out of NY.  Is the crowd usually older, less kids, etc?  Anything I should be aware of with such a cruise?

If your cruise is in early June most kids in the New York area are still in school and most parents want't take their kids out of school for such a long time. So should be less kids. Have sail out of NYC on 7 to 11 day cruises and it's been the the usual crowd. Have a great cruise. 

I was on the Sunrise June 10 journey cruise this year and compare to my previous journey cruise a few years ago, i did not notice any difference with the crowds 

the best part of a journey cruise is some of the additional activities they bring back 

10 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

@idraconis Kids in NY get out of schools much later than kids in LI, by at least two weeks.

Looks like most NY public schools get out around June 26th.  We would be going on the 15th sailing as my kids get out on 12th.  

15 minutes ago, shof515 said:

the best part of a journey cruise is some of the additional activities they bring back 

I will hijack my own thread...

I was looking at the other activities they offer but the info was fairly vague.  Do you recall a couple specific additions that you enjoyed?

7 minutes ago, Darwal said:

I will hijack my own thread...

I was looking at the other activities they offer but the info was fairly vague.  Do you recall a couple specific additions that you enjoyed?

here is the list: https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3936/related/1 

i like the Academy of Fun and Galley Tour