Signature Suite on the Koningsdam

dag144

I am sailing on the Koningsdam for the first time.  I am considering upgrading to a Signature Suite.  I love the Signature Suites in the Vista and Signature Class ships.  They have lots of room to walk around being close to a square rather than a rectangular shape.  I also enjoy the large verandah.  Looking at the Koningsdam Signatures, while they have the nice large bathrooms, the room itself looks cramped and the verandah seems to be not as spacious.  Can I have the opinions of you who have both  tried the Koningsdam and the older ships' 

Signature Suites.

Not elaborately spacious but better than lesser accommodations.......it would depend on fare as to how much more I would pay.......my real concern is a minor silly one to many people.......my main concern in the location of the TV behind the sofas.........I upgrade my room for both floor space and the additional seating.......but when the sofa is under the TV it eliminates that as a perk.....

• Like 1

We were in 7105 for 21 days on the Koningsdam and loved our Signature suite.  (Can see photos on Hal facts). We did not find it cramped at all and preferred it to the Neptune suite.   We did not find the verandah small either.   We have been in Signature suites on the “older” ships as well and honestly, we loved the one on the Kongingsdam.  It certainly is more spacious than the vista suite.  

It is certainly a personal choice but my husband is 6’4” and we never felt cramped. 

Enjoy your cruise on the Koningsdam in whichever cabin you choose.  

Edited by canadianbear

We've had a signature suite twice on the Koningsdam.  I can't compare it to other similar suites on other ships but I can say that compared to a verandah/balcony room, there is not much difference.  I felt like the room was only slightly bigger and the balcony was the same size.  If given the option to upgrade from a balcony to a signature suite, I personally would not spend the money.

46 minutes ago, TXCruiser10 said:

We've had a signature suite twice on the Koningsdam.  I can't compare it to other similar suites on other ships but I can say that compared to a verandah/balcony room, there is not much difference.  I felt like the room was only slightly bigger and the balcony was the same size.  If given the option to upgrade from a balcony to a signature suite, I personally would not spend the money.

That is strange-we’ve been in a vista suite on the Koningsdam as well and found it tight.  However the Signature suite we found perfect.  

We have found the cabins in general are smaller on the Koningsdam compared to the other ships.  

56 minutes ago, TXCruiser10 said:

Are you sure you did not have a Vista suite (the Koningsdam has both - Signature and Vista).  I agree that the VIsta is about the same size as the verandah cabins and I would not pay extra for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

We were in 7105 for 21 days on the Koningsdam and loved our Signature suite.  (Can see photos on Hal facts). We did not find it cramped at all and preferred it to the Neptune suite.   We did not find the verandah small either.   We have been in Signature suites on the “older” ships as well and honestly, we loved the one on the Kongingsdam.  It certainly is more spacious than the vista suite.  

It is certainly a personal choice but my husband is 6’4” and we never felt cramped. 

Enjoy your cruise on the Koningsdam in whichever cabin you choose.  

Why did you prefer it to the Neptune suite?  Because of cost (which obviously makes sense) or was there something about the arrangement itself in the Neptune Suite that you found less desirable?

We are planning a trip on Konigsdam in 2020 or 2021, so this is quite relevant for us.

Many thanks!

GC

12 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Why did you prefer it to the Neptune suite?  Because of cost (which obviously makes sense) or was there something about the arrangement itself in the Neptune Suite that you found less desirable?

We are planning a trip on Konigsdam in 2020 or 2021, so this is quite relevant for us.

Many thanks!

GC

It’s weird but I can’t put a finger on why.  We’ve done so many Neptune suites over the years but the Koningsdam for some reason just didn’t feel right.  The Signature suite I loved the room soon as I walked in the cabin and the area with the Murphy bed and desk. 

I would encourage all trying to make a choice to look at all photos they can find to compare what suits them.  Ours was just a personal choice.  

32 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Are you sure you did not have a Vista suite (the Koningsdam has both - Signature and Vista).  I agree that the VIsta is about the same size as the verandah cabins and I would not pay extra for it.

You are correct!!  Sorry about that.  I was indeed thinking of the vista suites.  Thanks for catching that!  🙂 

23 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

It’s weird but I can’t put a finger on why.  We’ve done so many Neptune suites over the years but the Koningsdam for some reason just didn’t feel right.  The Signature suite I loved the room soon as I walked in the cabin and the area with the Murphy bed and desk. 

I would encourage all trying to make a choice to look at all photos they can find to compare what suits them.  Ours was just a personal choice.  

Funny as we really liked the Koningsdam Neptune, especially the bathroom (with the half bath setup).

We had a Signature last year on the Konigsdam 11 day Caribbean. Loved it. Balcony came with two chairs, one table, and two loungers. Room app 150% of a standard balcony. Had originally booked Cat V and took an offer to pay $600 for the larger cabin. Worth every dollar. But then I am the ultimate balcony rat.