Oasis Easter Week 2021 - Keep or change the date?

Priszm

Hi. My partner and I are booked on the Oasis 4/4/21, which is Easter Sunday. This is the first time on a ship this size for both of us. We have this problem of booking vacations, and then after looking to see when Easter is (this year we came home on Easter, 2 years ago we visited family in Florida and ended up leaving to drive home on Easter).  How busy/many people will there be? Or should we consider changing to February 4th?  We would lose our $100 OBC and $100 deposit (pretty sure that's how much it was), but it looks like the date change might be $150 ish cheaper. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Priszm said:

Or should we consider changing to February 4th?  We would lose our $100 OBC and $100 deposit (pretty sure that's how much it was), but it looks like the date change might be $150 ish cheaper.

If you are serious about changing, wait till the 2/4/20 sailing is well inside final payment - you might get a better deal than now.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you are serious about changing, wait till the 2/4/20 sailing is well inside final payment - you might get a better deal than now.

We're definitely far enough out from 2021 that waiting isn't an issue. So this is good information to have.

3 minutes ago, RedSails1968 said:

We were on Symphony over Easter this year and loved it. We went then because our grandchildren were off from school and I am sure there were plenty of kids but there are so many places to go that it never really seemed that crowded. 

I'm happy to read this. I've been reading a lot of live reviews on the Oasis class and everyone's pictures make it look like it isn't too crowded. 

We did Allure for Easter 2018, and there were over 2,000 kids onboard.  

We did Grandeur for Easter 2019, and the percentage of kids to adults was about the same ratio, but it is a much smaller ship. 

We have Anthem for next Easter, and it appears there will be a lot of kids on it, based on some of the social media posts. 

You will always find a full ship at Easter

Just now, h20skibum said:

We did Allure for Easter 2018, and there were over 2,000 kids onboard.  

We did Grandeur for Easter 2019, and the percentage of kids to adults was about the same ratio, but it is a much smaller ship. 

We have Anthem for next Easter, and it appears there will be a lot of kids on it, based on some of the social media posts. 

You will always find a full ship at Easter

That's why I'm wondering if we should keep the date or change it.

I think the ship will be full either way. There are likely to be kids on board around Easter since many schools have either the week before Easter or the weeks after Easter off for Spring break. If you would rather less kids on board, I would change it. I don't think most schools have time off early Feb. Some schools do a week break around Presidents Day, but that would be a couple weeks after the sailing you are looking at. 

I would expect the ship will be at full capacity every cruise (based on miniumum cabin capacity).  But, on holidays and over the summer, it may be closer to max capacity based on maximum cabin capacities.  Standard cabin is 2 people (except for the multi-bedrooms, etc), but can sleep 3 or 4 in couches and fold down beds.

I would expect the February date would have fewer kids (not none) than there would be at Easter.