Beverage Credit

hpeabody

I have a "Beverage Credit" promo on my upcoming cruise on the Nieuw Statendam.  I do not have many cruises on HAL and not up to speed on their drinks.  Can someone give me an idea what is included in a "Beverage Credit".  Are their any adult beverages that HAL is especially known for?  I remember seeing something about a cider type drink.

24 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

I have a "Beverage Credit" promo on my upcoming cruise on the Nieuw Statendam.  I do not have many cruises on HAL and not up to speed on their drinks.  Can someone give me an idea what is included in a "Beverage Credit".  Are their any adult beverages that HAL is especially known for?  I remember seeing something about a cider type drink.

I think you have a beverage card and not a beverage credit?

That being the case, then any drink you want can be charged to it.  It works like a pre-loaded card.  

Or do you have the Signature Beverage Package?  

If you let us know the exact terminology then we can help better 😉

Some people are big fans of the “Wang Wang”.  All kinds of drinks.  But let us know what you really have so we can help you correctly 🙂 

6 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Thanks for the replies.

I looked at my details and Yes, it is a Beverage Card. 

Is this good for specialty coffees?  What are some of the other popular adult drinks?

The beverage card can be used for ANY drink.  Specialty coffees, water, soda, mocktails, alcoholic drinks.

Everyone had different popular drinks.  I referenced the Wang Wang earlier for you. 

I’m not a heavy liquor drinker, but I love HAL’s “Lemon Drop” drink.  I do tend to have the odd Caesar as well IF they have decent Clamato juice and can spice it up.  Their top ups are fun especially in the early morning with olives, shrimps, etc.

Just explore and enjoy 😄 

• Like 1

If a Signature Beverage Card, you can order any drink up to $11.  I believe you can order unlimited non-alcoholic beverages, including mocktails, smoothies, specialty coffees, soft drinks, bottled water etc. while the alcoholic beverage limit is 15 drinks per day.  If this is incorrect information, someone correct me, please.  

When we booked several cruises recently, HAL added the SBC on each voyage as part of the incentives.  Since I rarely order an adult beverage, I wonder how much I'll use it, but it'll be nice to sample some drinks that I'd probably never order without this package.  That lemon drop sounds nice.

3 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

If a Signature Beverage Card, 

It’s a regular beverage card that the OP has.  So, they can order whatever they want as long as the card has $$ on it.

I’ve never seen an SBP card.?  You simply use your room key card with the SPB logo on it to the best of my knowledge and experience. ? 

You are confusing the beverage cards which can have any $$ value, and the Signature Beverage Package (SBP),

The beverage card is a separate card that you present to the waiter to buy just about anything liquid.   Even bottles of wine.   Once you run out of cash on the card, throw it away.

The SBP (or the more expensive Elite (EBP) is not a card, it is added to your personal account and printed on your cabin keycard.   The SBP or EBP will be printed on your card if you purchased it before your cruise.  If you buy the package onboard (at a $10 plus 15% service charge increase in price), then they will either reprint your keycard, or put a sticker on it.

• Like 1

Okay, stand corrected.  Yes, there's a difference; however, I got confused by the wording.  We received a beverage card as part of a promo on two upcoming cruises.  When I checked with my PCC, she informed me that it was a SBP even though HAL is calling it a "beverage card."  Very confusing for some of us.

44 minutes ago, metairiegal said:

How do tips work with the beverage card?  Are the tips automatically deducted from the card or do you leave cash?

The tip is automatically calculated on the receipt and detected from your card. You are free to leave more if you like. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 9:17 PM, sevenseasnomad said:

Okay, stand corrected.  Yes, there's a difference; however, I got confused by the wording.  We received a beverage card as part of a promo on two upcoming cruises.  When I checked with my PCC, she informed me that it was a SBP even though HAL is calling it a "beverage card."  Very confusing for some of us.

As usual with many of Seattle's regular staff, it is common for them to confuse a beverage card and the SBP.   But getting that level of wrong information from a PCC is very disturbing.  Many CC members rely on their PCC to be totally up to speed on everything HAL.

• 3 weeks later...