Transfer from FCO to Rome Hotel

fatpug

Hello,

Do you have any recommendation for one way transportation from FCO airport to a hotel in Rome?   My hotel is 550 meters from Rome Termini.   

Is the train to Termini the best option?     

Do you have any private car transfers that you have used and recommend?   I have considered a private transfer to make it easier the first day in Rome.

Thanks!

If you read down the board, there are many discussions on the questions you pose.

First of all...define "best" option. That means a lot of different things to different people. 

Depending on the amount of luggage you are taking, and your ability to handle your luggage, yes, train might be a very good option. All depends on you.

The are several transport providers mentioned here very frequently. We have used Rome in Limo many times, and have them booked for next May. Wonderful operation.

Another option is a flat rate taxi. I believe the rate was 48 or 50 euros this year...although not sure the location of your hotel is in the central part of Rome that the flat rate applies to.

The Leonardo Express -- the express train that runs between FCO and Termini, is a good and inexpensive option, especially if you are solo. The cost of a ticket is 14 euro, whereas the fixed rate for a taxi from FCO to your hotel is 48 euro (if within the walls, which it sounds like yours will be....)

You will have to manage your own luggage, including getting it the 550 meters from Termini station to your hotel. 

There is also an express bus -- in fact, several of them, that go between FCO airport and Termini. They are even cheaper than the train (just under 6 euro per person) but take about twice as long. They have dedicated storage underneath the bus for luggage. One to check out is Terravision:   https://www.terravision.eu/airport_transfer/bus-fiumicino-airport-rome/

I usually take the Leonardo to Termini.  From there, I'll take a taxi to my hotels (I don't stay near Termini).  As cruisemom said, as long as you are capable of handling your own bags on/off the train and walking 602 yards to your hotel, you will be fine.  I once took a car service from FCO to my hotel - my concierge set it up - for 98 EU.  As I was staying free at the hotel, I was willing to take that little luxury splurge.