Sea Dog's Harmony "As If Live" Review Pre & Post with Food, Whiskey & Key,, Oh My!

Sea Dog

20 minutes ago, KansCocoa said:

haven’t cruised yet on the Harmony, so I’m reading as many reviews as I can - to see if I will like it. I love the Allure - so it has to be close, right??!! 🙂

Have not been on Allure yet but it's on my list. I want to sail on all of them, the big and small. I will go back on Harmony though. She was amazing.

Edited by Sea Dog

Great review, Greg! Love ❤️ the iPhone pics, especially the ones from KSC. Makes me want to upgrade my iPhone 8+.  You might be costing me some money here! 😱. I’ve had the same towel clips for several years now. Time to order a new set because today as I was leaving the beach one of mine broke. 😞  I’ve found so many uses for those things besides beach towels. 

So let’s see here:

Harmony cruise already booked - can’t blame you for that.

New iPhone 11

Trip to KSC - fortunately just a day trip 😃

New towel clips - no you didn’t break mine

Dinner at Grills

Must be great minds think alike. I wonder how long my list will get by the time you finish this review? 🤔 Definitely will be following along.

Kennedy Space Center great choice.  One of my favorite Florida attractions.  I was there in 1969 for the Moon Launch.  Great photos and Harmony information.  12 of us will be on Harmony Nov.17-24 sailing.  Carefully reading all that you post.  Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

Loving the review for many reasons:

• We love Grills
  • I grew up in central Florida and love KSC, however I find it hard to pay admission when it used to be free. Hubby hasn't been, so I might have to treat him after our next cruise...which happens to be on Harmony in less than 4 weeks.
  • Whenever we travel to Canaveral, we choose Radisson at the Port. We personally think it is one of the better hotels to stay at and love the pool and tiki bar area.
  • Your photos are amazing. 

Your Kennedy Space Center pics are great!  We were there after our Harmony cruise last month and found  that we didn’t have enough time since the tour dropped us off at the airport at 2:30pm.  The next time we sail from Port Canaveral, we’re flying in 2 days early so we can spend an entire day there.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KansCocoa said:

I do Public Affairs for the Red Cross, and you all have been great working with us over the years.

I'm sure we have probably met! Thank you for the work you do, the Red Cross does amazing work for so many people.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, perfect match said:

You might be costing me some money here! 😱

I know it is expensive and maybe over priced but it has been worth it for me.

10 hours ago, perfect match said:

Trip to KSC - fortunately just a day trip 😃

Allow a good 4-6 hours to see everything. We spent 6 hours and still did not see everything. If you took the timme to read and look at every exhibit you could spend a week there. Fascinating!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

Loving the review for many reasons:

• We love Grills
  • I grew up in central Florida and love KSC, however I find it hard to pay admission when it used to be free. Hubby hasn't been, so I might have to treat him after our next cruise...which happens to be on Harmony in less than 4 weeks.
  • Whenever we travel to Canaveral, we choose Radisson at the Port. We personally think it is one of the better hotels to stay at and love the pool and tiki bar area.
  • Your photos are amazing. 

Thank you very much. I will have to try Fishlips but it seems more and more people like Grills better. I have to say it was a great afternoon of great food and drink and I forgot to mention they have a band playing outdoors too but I forgot to take a picture. 

We will stay at the Radisson again as we were very pleased. The pool area and Tiki bar were great and they made a lot of cocktails that are on the ship such as Lava Flow and Mudslide.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I will have to try Fishlips but it seems more and more people like Grills better. I have to say it was a great afternoon of great food and drink and I forgot to mention they have a band playing outdoors too but I forgot to take a picture. 

Yes, definitely try Fishlips. We like them too. Grills has a delicious breakfast as well. We will be having breakfast there morning of our embarkation prior to getting on the Harmony next month.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

We will be having breakfast there morning of our embarkation prior to getting on the Harmony next month.

That is an excellent idea never thought of that. Get to the Terminal early,  drop your bags off with the porters, go have a leisurely breakfast then come back and board. Thank you!

• Like 1

I liked Kelsey's but if you can go to Grills. watching the ships come and go will get you in the mood. Nice thing about the Radisson is that there are several restaurants with in walking distance.

1)Kelsey's Restaurant & Pizzeria Next door from hotel

http://kelseyscanaveral.com/

2) Zachery's  Greek  Next door from hotel on other side ( I found it bizarre that they are only open for breakfast and lunch)

http://www.zacharysrestaurant.com/

3)Zarrellas

https://www.zarrellasitalianfl.com/

4) McDonalds  Across the street

5)Thai Thai Sushi  Across the street

http://www.thaithaicapecanaveral.com/

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have a great Nikon at home with several long lens. I almost brought it along but decided to go small with the iPhone. I do have my eyes on that Sony RX 100 VI that Twangster has it's a beautiful camera.

I have a Nikon too!  Yes, that Sony is a beauty, I've had my eye on it, but it's pricey!
Did you find it difficult to figure out the new settings on the 11 Pro Max?  
Greg, you have me seriously considering it now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, red-dragon said:

Did you find it difficult to figure out the new settings on the 11 Pro Max?  

I should have read the manual but I did not and it was fairly easy to touch a icon and see what it is. It's great for editing pictures too. Example right after I took a picture I noticed my thumb was in the part of the frame. I went straight to edit and cropped out my thumb. Also you can edit, brightness, contrast and shadows to tweak the pic. The only problem I had was in night mode. When there is low light, a little box comes onto the screen with a iris slider on the right to move up or down to open or close the iris. I found this a little difficult to do with my stubby little fingers. It wasn't sliding up or down as smooth as I would like it.

Edited by Sea Dog

We’re sailing on Harmony in March, so things can change between now and then, but those ships were sailing out of Canaveral on a Friday?

i can’t imagine anything more fun than having a good meal and a drink while watching cruise ships heading out. 

Beats standing in an empty lot in Ft Lauderdale to watch and being chased by security. 

• Like 2