Just booked 2 GTY rooms - question

KsucAts

Just booked two inside GTY rooms for the LIberty next summer.  The savings was enough for me to give it a shot.  I am just curious if anybody has experience doing that.  Will they try to put us somewhere reasonably close to each other?  We booked one adult and one kid in each room.  The kids are 17 & 19, so will not sleep that way.  

Also, bought the drink package for $55 + tip.  I seem to remember getting it for $42 2 years ago.  Does it ever drop below $55 any more?

Cabins can be anywhere when assigned, literally as far away as possible.  

Once cabins are assigned you may be able to call them and have one or both moved to be closer but that really depends on timing and availability.  If they get assigned the day before sailing you won't have a lot of time to work on it.  If they get assigned months in advance you stand a better chance.

Your cabin assignments can be anywhere on the ship. Once assigned, if you're not happy with their location, you can call to try to get them changed to closer together. You'll need to stay in the same category that you were assigned.

As for the drink package, prices change all the time. Keep checking your cruise planner to see if the price goes down. If it does, purchase it at the lower price and then cancel the original one.

We did a RoyalUp. First we started with an Interior GTY which was assigned to Deck 3 Interior. Bidded $280 and got an aft Oceanview Balcony on Deck 8 for $580 total for a Med Cruise.

On our 2nd of our B2B cruise leaving Sunday we had an Oceanview Cabin on Deck 4 bidded $200 for OV Balcony also Deck 8 and got it.$500 total.So don't forget you can try RoyalUp if your eligible.

3 hours ago, travelplus said:

We did a RoyalUp. First we started with an Interior GTY which was assigned to Deck 3 Interior. Bidded $280 and got an aft Oceanview Balcony on Deck 8 for $580 total for a Med Cruise.

On our 2nd of our B2B cruise leaving Sunday we had an Oceanview Cabin on Deck 4 bidded $200 for OV Balcony also Deck 8 and got it.$500 total.So don't forget you can try RoyalUp if your eligible.

I am not sure what RoyalUp means.  This will be our third Royal cruise and haven't heard that before.  It sounds like a way to bid for an upgrade.  Can you do that with two rooms at the same time?  (Probably really doesn't matter as I don't want to spend any more on the room than we already have - we are just in the room to sleep, shower and change clothes).  I am just hoping to get the rooms on the same deck/part of the ship to make going back and forth a little easier.  I will follow the advice given and just keep checking what is available.  

• Like 1

Just now, KsucAts said:

I am not sure what RoyalUp means.  This will be our third Royal cruise and haven't heard that before.  It sounds like a way to bid for an upgrade.  Can you do that with two rooms at the same time?  (Probably really doesn't matter as I don't want to spend any more on the room than we already have - we are just in the room to sleep, shower and change clothes).  I am just hoping to get the rooms on the same deck/part of the ship to make going back and forth a little easier.  I will follow the advice given and just keep checking what is available.  

To stay together you would be best to call in and ask how to stay together