Cost of hot chocolate

Senga

We are sailing Regal Princess December 8th.  When we did Regal in March I purchased the Classic soda package and, at that time it included hot chocolate which I loved.  This time I see you need to purchase the Premium coffee and soda package to get the hot chocolate.  The difference in price is a whopping $15.34 a day and I don't drink coffee.  Can anyone tell me the cost of just buying a hot chocolate? 

When we were on the Regal last year there were hot chocolate machines in the buffet that I think were available all the time. It might not be as rich as that in the International Café, but I usually fill the cup to 2/3 with the hot chocolate and add milk or cream to fill it up. Makes it a more drinkable temperature and creamier.

• Like 2

I had the coffee card in May on the Grand Princess and got unlimited hot chocolate whenever I wanted it.  It was pretty tasty getting it from the IC—steamed milk with whipped cream.  Even if you don’t drink coffee, you get a lot of other drink choices for the cost (~$35).

1 hour ago, Senga said:

We are sailing Regal Princess December 8th.  When we did Regal in March I purchased the Classic soda package and, at that time it included hot chocolate which I loved.  This time I see you need to purchase the Premium coffee and soda package to get the hot chocolate.  The difference in price is a whopping $15.34 a day and I don't drink coffee.  Can anyone tell me the cost of just buying a hot chocolate? 

On the Regal there is a hot chocolate machine in the aft HC buffet outside seating/bar area. (Free)

04831C8B-F1EE-4AC6-9E28-4213388C3C5B.jpeg

87FEDDCA-7F84-444E-B988-710D37EC42BB.jpeg

• Like 1

Hot chocolate is free all day and evening on the Regal. Self or waiter served in the buffet. Provided cups are around 8 ounces, but if you have a mug you can use it, no problem.

At the International Cafe  a large Hot Chocolate costs $3.54. Regualar is $1.77. Prices include the 18% gratuity.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Hot chocolate is free all day and evening on the Regal. Self or waiter served in the buffet. Provided cups are around 8 ounces, but if you have a mug you can use it, no problem.

At the International Cafe  a large Hot Chocolate costs $3.54. Regualar is $1.77. Prices include the 18% gratuity.

Thanks skynight, this is exactly what I needed to know.  Since I only drink one a day it's much better for me to just buy it at the IC.

On 10/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, steelers36 said:

Only Royal Class.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:53 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

On the Regal there is a hot chocolate machine in the aft HC buffet outside seating/bar area. (Free)

On 10/26/2019 at 4:53 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Dang.....    That why I am here, to see if they have the hot chocolate machines on the Grand.  We were on the Royal in July and they had a beverage area at the end of the Horizon Court, sort of an alcove.  They had coffee, hot water, iced tea, water and hot chocolate.  Do they have a similar area on the Grand?  I liked it to keep my water bottle and tea mug filled.

12 minutes ago, Mar18519 said:

Dang.....    That why I am here, to see if they have the hot chocolate machines on the Grand.  We were on the Royal in July and they had a beverage area at the end of the Horizon Court, sort of an alcove.  They had coffee, hot water, iced tea, water and hot chocolate.  Do they have a similar area on the Grand?  I liked it to keep my water bottle and tea mug filled.

Think it’s only on Royal Class ships

Thank you for showing me that there is a hot chocolate machine on Regal.  I have been on Regal many times and just never looked for one.  I am going to try it this cruise.  I am not a hot chocolate drinker, but this may win me over!

Edited by geocruiser

9 hours ago, skynight said:

The same on the Royal. I made mocha. It was free and delish. Several people saw me and asked how to make it. Every night there was a bunch of people making mochas. They were hooked.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Think it’s only on Royal Class ships

Can anyone tell me where, on the Grand, I can fill my water bottle, iced tea bottle and hot tea travel mug at the Horizon Court?  Are these available for self serve, or only served to the table?  My husband is an early riser and he would go to the beverage station at the HC and fill our coffee and tea travel mugs.  

48 minutes ago, Mar18519 said:

Can anyone tell me where, on the Grand, I can fill my water bottle, iced tea bottle and hot tea travel mug at the Horizon Court?  Are these available for self serve, or only served to the table?  My husband is an early riser and he would go to the beverage station at the HC and fill our coffee and tea travel mugs.  

There are stations in the buffet for coffee, water and hot tea that are self service.  Hubby would go up throughout the day and get his iced and/or hot tea in his Yeti.  We filled our water bottles (the ones where we drank directly from the cup) using clean glasses and transferred to the water bottles.  He filled his Yeti directly from the station since he uses a straw.  

I had a coffee card so the IC staff would also fill my water bottle for me and I always had my latte put directly into my Yeti.

I’m going to bring my reusable tumblers and mugs for sure next sailing (golden princess may 6, 2020!!!!!!) I tend to drink more if I’m using a straw. 

So. I’m not proud of this, okay, I’m a little proud, but there were times at the buffet where I was not about to slog all the way down to the IC for hot chocolate and the coffee and cones station made barely acceptable drinks so I would get warm milk from my server and... I’m hanging my head in shame here, but y’all know the dessert station buffet and how they always had some sort of chocolate or caramel or vanilla sauce going on to top things? 

I just took a ladle of that and stirred it into milk or coffee. 

look. You do what you gotta do. And that dark chocolate sauce in warm milk with a drizzle of the vanilla bread pudding custard sauce? Best drink I’ve ever had. The chef saw me do it, stopped me, I thought I was in trouble omg, and then sprinkled some sea salt in my drink and then told me to try it. 

so good. 

39 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

There are stations in the buffet for coffee, water and hot tea that are self service.  Hubby would go up throughout the day and get his iced and/or hot tea in his Yeti.  We filled our water bottles (the ones where we drank directly from the cup) using clean glasses and transferred to the water bottles.  He filled his Yeti directly from the station since he uses a straw.  

I had a coffee card so the IC staff would also fill my water bottle for me and I always had my latte put directly into my Yeti.

Wondering if you had a hard time washing your reusables out? The bathroom sinks are so tiny. Did you bring a tiny to go size of dish washing liquid? 

1 hour ago, Natashac85 said:

Wondering if you had a hard time washing your reusables out? The bathroom sinks are so tiny. Did you bring a tiny to go size of dish washing liquid? 

I put a small amount of Dawn—about two ounces—in a small silicon bottle that fit nicely in my cosmetic bag.  Or even in my crossbody bag.  I used the bathroom sink in our room as well as public restrooms.  Always careful to wipe down the counters afterwards.

Edited by disneyochem
Grammar!