CARNIVAL FLY TO THE FUN

lidopuppy

9 hours ago, lidopuppy said:

Has anyone used Carnival's Fly to the Fun for an international cruise?   If so, how did it compare to booking on your own?

I just did an international booking with Carnival and the price differential was approximately $500 less per person.  I chose my own airline, flight, etc., and I was able to choose my seats on the Delta website once I had my booking number (provided by Carnival).  Do your research online beforehand (I used Google Flights) so you know what your options are.

Edited by silversneakers
spelling

28 minutes ago, silversneakers said:

I just did an international booking with Carnival and the price differential was approximately $500 less per person.  I chose my own airline, flight, etc., and I was able to choose my seats on the Delta website once I had my booking number (provided by Carnival).  Do your research online beforehand (I used Google Flights) so you know what your options are.

Forgot to also mention that you should compare "apples to apples" when looking at the pricing.  Usually the lower pricing is Basic Economy which usually means you can't select your seat until close to departure date and you may have to factor in the luggage fee.

I've never used Fly2Fun before, but we have a Med cruise booked for next summer.  My PVP at Carnival was able to get me the flights I had been looking at for over $200 less per person AND the ability to choose seats.  The Basic Economy did not have that option.  I'm really pleased that I gave the information to my PVP and he was able to come through for me!

On 10/26/2019 at 8:25 PM, lidopuppy said:

Has anyone used Carnival's Fly to the Fun for an international cruise?   If so, how did it compare to booking on your own?

I used it for San Juan, which is not exactly international. But it was easy and smooth, and allowed us to spread out the airline cost over a couple months.

I’ve used Fly2Fun in the past (Kelowna to Los Angeles), the price was just a few dollars less but I chose that option for their guarantees.

This time I wasn’t able to use Fly2Fun.  Booking for our Mardi Gras (B2B, Copenhagen thru Southampton and on to NY). We didn’t book the 2 cruises together, ( took me a couple months to talk Hubby into adding the Copenhagen portion to our original Southampton to NY)....one was booked thru big box store C____o in Canadian dollars....the next booking (Copenhagen to Southampton) was booked with our PVP in US dollars.

Fly2Fun department wouldn’t accept/process/book, due to one leg of the cruise wasn’t booked with Carnival & because of the 2 currencies used.

We had a few diff conversations with them, but NOPE, not allowed.  Thank goodness we had enuf flight pts for one portion & a gift card that paid for half of the other portion...but now I have to be sure to have Cancellation Ins, incase the Mardi Gras is delayed from the shipyard.