Cunard Insight

Craigrlewis

I haven't found any lists of Cunard Insights Guest Lecturers for 2020 yet.

There are some clues about who will be on board from descriptions of some of the 2020 special event cruises.

London Theatre at Sea (QM2) 13-20 May 2020

Don Black OBE

Ruthie Henshall

Matt Henry MBE

Larry Blank

Transatlantic Fashion Week (QM2) 24-31 May 2020

Mark Badgley

James Mitchka

Gail Sackloff OBE

Festival of Food and Wine (QM2) 7-14 June 2020

Michel Roux Jr

Steven Spurrier

Will Lyons

Lisa Markwell

Gareth Bowen

National Symphony Orchestra (QM2) 4-11 September 2020

Anthony Inglis

Transatlantic Music Week (QM2) 23-30 October 2020

Midge Ure

Faith Prince

Seth Rudetsky

Literature Festival at Sea (QM2) 1-8 December 2020

Ian Rankin

Prue Leith

Alexander McCall Smith

Pam Ayres

Joanne Harris

Mark Billingham

Alan Johnson

Rachel Joyce

Kate Mosse

Greg Mosse

Matt Chorley

Alex Clark

A Cunard press release names these speakers for some of QE's 2020 Alaska cruises.

Alaska (QE) 2-4 June 2020

Sir Ranulph Fiennes

Alaska (QE) 12 June - 2 July 2020

Kenton Cool

We can also deduce at least one of the speakers from the schedule listed on his web site.

Westbound Transatlantic Crossing (QM2) 21-29 June 2020

Bill Miller

That's about all I have been able to find out about Cunard 2020 quest speakers so far. Still waiting for Cunard Insights Guest Lecturers lists to be posted that include 2020 voyages.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Klapka said:

Here we are in November.  Still no Insight details?

No, not that I can find yet. Unfortunately this is not unprecedented. During late 2017 and into early 2018, the available speaker list for QV only listed speakers through the February 7-21, 2018 sailing. I never found an updated listing of the speakers for all of 2018 until February 28, 2018. A bit late for those on the February 21, 2018 QV sailing for sure.

Here's one more speaker's schedule for 2020 I have deduced from his personal website.

Jim Jimirro

July 6-13, 2020 - New York to Southampton (QM2)

October 16-23, 2020 - Quebec to New York (QM2)

Christine Roussel kindly responded to a request for lecture information I submitted via her website. Here is what she provided for her 2020 schedule, all on QM2.

Christine Roussel

May 6 2020 west bound

July 24 2020 west bound

Oct 2 2020 west bound

Dec 22 2020 Caribbean

Edited by bluemarble

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was momentarily excited when I found these links to "book.princess.com" files just now that are purported to be to lists of "2020 Insights Guest Lecturers".

Queen Elizabeth® 2020 Insights Guest Lecturers »

Queen Mary 2® 2020 Insights Guest Lecturers »

Queen Victoria® 2020 Insights Guest Lecturers »

Alas, at the moment at least, these links still lead me to old 2019 lists of Insights Guest Lecturers we've already seen. Somewhat curiously, the pdf files are now named "...Insites..." instead of "...Insights..." so the file names have been changed but the contents have not been changed (yet). Perhaps this is a sign that the 2020 lists may actually be along soon. One can hope anyway.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Hopefully, this indicates that the guest lecturers for 2020 will be posted soon. I am booked on the Queen Victoria for late April 2020 and would like to know what lecturers are scheduled for my cruise. I usually greatly enjoy attending the lectures aboard Cunard ships. 

Chuck

1 minute ago, sogne said:

Thanks sogne. I was just in the middle of posting the links to these new lists. You beat me by a matter of just a minute or two. Good to see we finally have something for 2020 now.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Thanks sogne. I was just in the middle of posting the links to these new lists. You beat me by a matter of just a minute or two. Good to see we finally have something for 2020 now.

Thank You Bluemarble.

Can't wait till you post  QM2  M020  June 29th, 2020 Independence Sailing....

37 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

just thought to look 2  c if any changes   off on QV Monday for Xmas wet and windy here but mild no sign of snow yet

1 minute ago, sogne said:

just thought to look 2  c if any changes   off on QV Monday for Xmas wet and windy here but mild no sign of snow yet

Excellent! Have a great Christmas cruise on QV! We'll be home for Christmas this year, but we're always thinking about another Christmas cruise on QM2 one of these years.

12 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Thank You Bluemarble.

Can't wait till you post  QM2  M020  June 29th, 2020 Independence Sailing....

It is kind of odd that the new 2020 QE list only goes through April 20th and the QM2 list only goes through June 21st while the QV list covers all of 2020. Of course the QV list thins out toward the end of the year as is usually the case for lists that go out that far into the future. More names will be added later, I'm sure.

Hopefully these new speaker lists will be added to the main Cunard websites shortly. For the current format of the Cunard US website, that would be under "Explore", "Guest speakers".

I'm not sure what to make of the current Cunard UK website. The links to the speaker lists used to be found on the UK site under "The experience", "Guest speakers", but I'm not seeing links to the speaker lists there anymore, just several pages of links for individual speakers, most of whom will be on the various event cruises.

• Thanks 1

The voyage details pages for the special event cruises now have a "Guest speakers" tab at the top. For example, for next year's Literature Festival at Sea:

image.thumb.png.65db0a041c56461fefa0b2a93efd1d26.png

It had already been possible to see the lists of speakers for the special event cruises via the dedicated "Special event cruises" page on the website. This is the first time I've noticed the speaker information has been propagated to the individual voyage details pages for those cruises as well.

Those who remember the Cunard website as it was several years ago may recall speaker information used to be provided like this on many of the voyage details pages there (and not just for special event cruises) for voyages departing within six months to a year or so. It's probably wishful thinking on my part, but one can always hope this might be an indication Cunard intends to provide speaker information on the voyage detail pages for cruises as they did in the past.

well nothing for the QE - and when you follow the general guest speakers link on the main page you end up on the 2019 program! https://www.cunard.com/en-au/the-cunard-experience/guest-speakers How the hell can they be so iconmpetent doing simple updates - why  are the pdfs even on the princess website??? Yes I know they are both Carnival - but talk about screwing over your brand integrity! 

5 hours ago, lissie said:

well nothing for the QE - and when you follow the general guest speakers link on the main page you end up on the 2019 program! https://www.cunard.com/en-au/the-cunard-experience/guest-speakers How the hell can they be so iconmpetent doing simple updates - why  are the pdfs even on the princess website??? Yes I know they are both Carnival - but talk about screwing over your brand integrity! 

Click on links in post 12 above

11 hours ago, lissie said:

... why  are the pdfs even on the princess website??? ...

Just so you know, that princess website where those pdfs reside is the "OneSource Travel Agent Center" for both Princess and Cunard. It's not really intended for customers to use. Access to many of the functions on that site is limited by a travel agent login. But the page with the links to the Insights Guest Lecturers lists happens to be open to the public and can be found in the results of a google search.

For whatever reason, the speaker lists are posted there first. When the new Cunard websites were first introduced, they did not have "Guest speaker" pages, so that was the only source for the speaker lists for a while. Now, sometimes those lists make it to the Cunard websites in a few days. Sometimes it takes considerably longer. And sometimes updated lists with only a few revisions from the previous versions never make it to the Cunard websites. Now that the links to the speaker lists seem to have been removed from the Cunard UK website, one wonders if these latest speaker lists for 2020 will be posted there at all.

So that's why we still find ourselves having to play the game of looking for the latest speaker lists on a site other than the main customer-facing Cunard websites.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 3

On 10/27/2019 at 10:14 AM, TheOldBear said:

I wonder when the special events listing will be available for 2021?

We are planning on another TA round trip in 2021, and will have the listed special events / themes as the principal factor in selecting the departure date.

There's nothing yet on the "special event cruises" page of the Cunard US website about the 2021 special event cruises, but I see some of them are listed on the Cunard UK website. Here's what's listed there so far.

Australia’s Gardening Journey.

Cunard’s inaugural gardening voyage offers a wonderful opportunity to indulge your love of horticulture while enjoying a voyage on Queen Elizabeth in Australia’s glorious southern waters.

1 - 8 March 2021, Queen Elizabeth.

London Theatre at Sea.

With the Olivier Awards.

14 - 21 May 2021, Queen Mary 2.

Big Band Ball.

Queen Elizabeth hosts a magnificent 17 piece Big Band, her biggest of the year and one of the highlights of the calendar.

18 - 25 May 2021, Queen Elizabeth.

A Journey of Genealogy, in association with Ancestry.

One of our most fascinating and surprising Event Voyages returns to Queen Mary 2 in 2021.

16 - 23 June 2021, Queen Mary 2.

Anthony Inglis and the National Symphony Orchestra.

A regular favourite in the Cunard calendar, the UK’s National Symphony Orchestra joins Queen Mary 2 once again for the wonderful Last Night of the Cunard Proms.

12 - 19 September 2021, Queen Mary 2.

Northern Lights: Through the Lens.

This unforgettable voyage to the Arctic Circle brings you deeper into Norway’s fjords.

20 October - 1 November 2021, Queen Victoria.

Beatles and Beyond.

Celebrating the best of British Pop and Rock music of the 1960s.

29 October - 6 November 2021, Queen Elizabeth.

15 minutes ago, Birmingham98A said:

I'm trying to find the Guest Speakers for QV South America Round Trip in 2020

Can anyone help??

Here are the links to the latest Cunard Insights Guest Lecturers lists (which sogne first posted above in post #12).

QV: https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/cu/Insights_QV.pdf

QM2: https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/cu/Insights_QM2.pdf

QE: https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/cu/Insights_QE.pdf

The list for QV includes all of 2020, including voyages V004 through V009 which encompass her South America voyage from Southampton.

Edited by bluemarble