Transfer from HNL to Waikiki, NCL or on our own?

edgeman61

DW and I are sailing on POA next year.

We have 1 night in Honolulu (Hilton Hawaiian Village) as one of our booking perks.

Does NCL provide the transfer from the airport (HNL) to the hotel? or are we responsible for getting ourselves to Waikiki?

I am going to get this clarified with NCL but wanted to know if anyone had the same situation and what was their experience.

Thanks for any input.

Free/Reduced Air, Terms and Conditions from current October offer:

Free or Reduced Air Offer
Reservation must be made more than 90 days prior to sailing to qualify.
Air offer applies to economy, round-trip flights from select departure gateways only and will automatically apply.
Air gateway(s) must be entered in order to prompt free or reduced airfare.
Offer only valid on select 4+ day cruises.
Blackout sail dates are at the discretion of Norwegian Cruise Line.
3rd-8th guests will receive $50 off Norwegian Cruise Line's regular air/sea rates each way.
Guests may request to deviate air when selecting the free or reduced air option.
Deviations of up to 2 days pre/post cruise will be charged $25 USD per person. No other deviation requests will be permitted.
Offer includes air taxes, fees & surcharges.
Guests are responsible for airport transfers at an additional cost if selected.
Airline imposed personal charges such as baggage fees may apply.
All guests booked within a singular reservation will be booked on the same flight.
Norwegian Cruise Line will book guests' airfare with a maximum of one connection when possible; air schedules permitting.
Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to select an alternate airport within 60 miles based on itinerary, choose the air carrier,
routing and city airport from each gateway city and reserves the right to substitute commuter service and/or charter air service for scheduled air carriers without prior notice.

7 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Free/Reduced Air, Terms and Conditions from current October offer:

Free or Reduced Air Offer
Reservation must be made more than 90 days prior to sailing to qualify.
Air offer applies to economy, round-trip flights from select departure gateways only and will automatically apply.
Air gateway(s) must be entered in order to prompt free or reduced airfare.
Offer only valid on select 4+ day cruises.
Blackout sail dates are at the discretion of Norwegian Cruise Line.
3rd-8th guests will receive $50 off Norwegian Cruise Line's regular air/sea rates each way.
Guests may request to deviate air when selecting the free or reduced air option.
Deviations of up to 2 days pre/post cruise will be charged $25 USD per person. No other deviation requests will be permitted.
Offer includes air taxes, fees & surcharges.
Airline imposed personal charges such as baggage fees may apply.
All guests booked within a singular reservation will be booked on the same flight.
Norwegian Cruise Line will book guests' airfare with a maximum of one connection when possible; air schedules permitting.
Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to select an alternate airport within 60 miles based on itinerary, choose the air carrier,
routing and city airport from each gateway city and reserves the right to substitute commuter service and/or charter air service for scheduled air carriers without prior notice.

If you are arriving by air and going directly on board the POA your transfer maybe paid for and free check

the terms of your promo perk package for wording details -

any other arrangements are as noted above at your own additional cost.

Reduced airfare was not offered when we booked.  We did get 1 night before embarkation in a Honolulu hotel (Hilton Hawaiian Village), I was interested to see if transfer from the airport to the hotel was provided.  I suspected that I would have to arrange transportation but wanted to explore others experiences.

If a large number of guests are staying at the NCL provided hotel - then I would suspect that NCL will

have a chartered bus from that hotel to the ship on the sailing day. Transfer charges maybe or may not

be included - check with NCL for the exact details.

MAP LINK:

https://www.google.com/maps/@21.3069106,-157.8566557,7247m/data=!3m1!1e3

map can be zoomed in and out

HNL Airport to the left of the picture

Cruise terminal in middle of photo - locate the Aloha Tower and drop straight down to the rectangular white building.

Waikiki is to the right

Distances are not all that much perhaps 5 miles airport to cruise terminal and 5 more to the Waikiki hotels

BUT it is the traffic that is the factor to contend with - always the traffic except maybe Sunday morning. 

• Like 1

I did a cruisetour in Alaska and kinda buried in the details was a statement that NCL would provide transportation from the airport to the hotel, provided NCL was given flight information in advance.  When I called NCL to give them the info, the person I spoke to was skeptical but took my info.  And when I arrived at the airport, there was someone to greet me and take me to the hotel.  The following morning they collected the luggage from the rooms and we got on the bus for our tour.

So if they consider it a cruisetour, transportation might be included.  I believe the details were in a separate document link in my edocs.

I suggest you verify this directly.   But also compare booking independently.   NCL changes pp with hotel add one.  Many times booking directly is more favorable.

I’ve taken this cruise multiple times- with last time - 2 weeks in August.   I suggest rental cars in every port.  😀😀

Just booked Johnny Cab for our POA Cruise in 2 weeks.

$25  for 2 people from HNL to Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort

$25 from POA pier to HNL

We prepaid and they were very prompt with emails to our questions.

NCL was going to charge us $50 from Pier to HNL,  Plus we get to have a private taxi at our designated time....we don't have to sit and wait for the bus to fill up.

Edited by snow1