Check in time

islandchick

Check-in time should be clear in your documents.  A brief reminder: "turn around day" requires the ship staff to frog march the previous passengers off the ship, and then clean up the cabins etc. in preparation for the next guests. In addition, typically there is a lot of re-provisioning going on that day, which adds to the staff workload.  So those wonderful folks are working really hard that day. So it is kind to not try to board earlier than the announced time.

As Lexcruiser said you can board at noon and have lunch at the Colonnade. Sometimes I have heard of delays due to Port Authority rules/issues. 

We usually are getting that last bit of exploring in at the embarkation port and authentic lunch so find boarding around 2.30pm there are no queues.

3 hours ago, 2aussiegolfers said:

Hi Videopark,

My ship departs at 11pm also, our documents say check-in starts at 2pm.

Since our cruise doesn't leave untilJune, I don't have any docs. Thanks for your info. An authentic lunch sounds like a great idea.

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2019 at 1:39 PM, DavidTheWonderer said:

Check-in time should be clear in your documents.  A brief reminder: "turn around day" requires the ship staff to frog march the previous passengers off the ship, and then clean up the cabins etc. in preparation for the next guests. In addition, typically there is a lot of re-provisioning going on that day, which adds to the staff workload.  So those wonderful folks are working really hard that day. So it is kind to not try to board earlier than the announced time.

How can we find out what the latest time to board would be? Our cruise is next October, and we are scheduled to depart out of Valletta at 11 pm. We will be in Malta already and I am considering a tour that day that may not end till around 7 pm. Is that a bad idea or will we be okay?

14 hours ago, lisa6191 said:

How can we find out what the latest time to board would be? Our cruise is next October, and we are scheduled to depart out of Valletta at 11 pm. We will be in Malta already and I am considering a tour that day that may not end till around 7 pm. Is that a bad idea or will we be okay?

We have found that the required muster drill is usually around 4pm.