Everything... Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove (Villa's, Lagoon, Spa, etc)

FreestyleNovice

Food is free.  The credits previously came with villas/cabanas and you ordered platters ahead of time, seafood, cheese, etc.  As I mentioned, the majority of food we received on those platters went to waste.

Hi,

Just wanted to chime in, and say what a great thread! In particular the map was super helpful.

We have a "OCEAN VILLA AT SILVER COVE" reserved, paid $599 for it, travelling on the Breakaway around Easter 2020.

There was virtually no information available through NCL.com or even to their shore excursion phone team, about which one you get. Here's to hoping we end up with one of the one bedrooms ;)

5 minutes ago, fsls40 said:

We have a "Ocean Villa At Silver Cove" for March  their are two types it shows Silver Cove Lagoon Villa & Silver Cove Ocean Villa  on the ncl.com web sight Map

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/great-stirrup-cay   are they all the same except the 1-2 bedrooms ?

I don't see any mention of 1 & 2 BD?

https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions/search?sort=searchWeight&perPage=12&destination=Caribbean+Cruises&port=NPI&priceRange=0+3000

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4779/

Must be sold out or you might have to call for them.

The 38 private, air-conditioned villas range in size from studios to one- and two-bedroom spaces. Each features a daybed, a TV with on-demand entertainment, armchairs, an outdoor patio with lounge seating, and a full bathroom.

Each of six lagoon one-bedroom villas includes an expanded living area with a wet bar and a private master bedroom with a king bed, and each of two lagoon two-bedroom family suite villas features a private dining area, an entertainment area and a larger master bedroom with a spa tub and shower.

Villas at Silver Cove include access to a private beach and the dedicated Silver Cove Restaurant and Bar.

2 hours ago, fsls40 said:

We have a "Ocean Villa At Silver Cove" for March  their are two types it shows Silver Cove Lagoon Villa & Silver Cove Ocean Villa  on the ncl.com web sight Map

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/great-stirrup-cay   are they all the same except the 1-2 bedrooms ?

We are cruising in April and have one of the Ocean Villas booked. There is only one choice for us, Silver Cove Ocean Villa. I do not see 1 or 2 bedrooms.

20 minutes ago, maja651 said:

We are cruising in April and have one of the Ocean Villas booked. There is only one choice for us, Silver Cove Ocean Villa. I do not see 1 or 2 bedrooms.

Same for us. We have one reserved for our March cruise. There was no option to pick and choose. They only thing I can think of is they will assign the villas accordingly once we are onboard. 

I was there last week and had pre-booked a Studio Ocean Front Villa and was upgraded to a Studio Lagoon Villa for no charge. I simply had a paper in my cabin letting me know along with my shorex ticket. Inside the villa you will get a fridge included with about 10 water bottles, a fruit platter, chips & salsa. You're also able to fill out a food order the night before at an additional charge (shrimp cocktail, cheese board etc.). The only issues about this new part of GSC is that the lagoon empties as the day goes on due to the tide. The incline from the lagoon back to your villa is also pretty steep, but first world problems. Drinks at the Moet bar start at about $25 and it was absolutely empty the whole time I was there. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Katxx said:

I was there last week and had pre-booked a Studio Ocean Front Villa and was upgraded to a Studio Lagoon Villa for no charge. I simply had a paper in my cabin letting me know along with my shorex ticket. Inside the villa you will get a fridge included with about 10 water bottles, a fruit platter, chips & salsa. You're also able to fill out a food order the night before at an additional charge (shrimp cocktail, cheese board etc.). The only issues about this new part of GSC is that the lagoon empties as the day goes on due to the tide. The incline from the lagoon back to your villa is also pretty steep, but first world problems. Drinks at the Moet bar start at about $25 and it was absolutely empty the whole time I was there. 

I’m curious as to why the lagoon villa is an upgrade over the ocean front. Can you please explain?

5 minutes ago, fsls40 said:

So what is the difference between Studio Ocean Front Villa and  Studio Lagoon Villa ?

When we took our little tram to Silver Cove, the Ocean Front ppl got out first and I'm just assuming their villas let out to a regular beach. You can still walk over to the lagoon though. 

1 minute ago, maja651 said:

I’m curious as to why the lagoon villa is an upgrade over the ocean front. Can you please explain?

I'm really not sure. I can say that the ocean front people did not get the same welcoming as us since they didn't go through the reception building. You are also much closer to the Moet bar & Spa if you are in the lagoon. I only had the option to book an Ocean Front so that is what I picked.

10 minutes ago, Katxx said:

I'm really not sure. I can say that the ocean front people did not get the same welcoming as us since they didn't go through the reception building. You are also much closer to the Moet bar & Spa if you are in the lagoon. I only had the option to book an Ocean Front so that is what I picked.

Thanks so much for the photos and great info! Just curious, is the Ocean Front part of Silver Cove?

21 minutes ago, Katxx said:

When we took our little tram to Silver Cove, the Ocean Front ppl got out first and I'm just assuming their villas let out to a regular beach. You can still walk over to the lagoon though. 

There’s really no difference. The ocean view villas opened first, so they're  technically older. I’m hearing of service issues (probably just growing pains) in the lagoon villa (plus they are farther from the buffet), so I specifically requested we be assigned to an ocean view.

28 minutes ago, Chesneygirl said:

Thanks so much for the photos and great info! Just curious, is the Ocean Front part of Silver Cove?

Yea they are all part of Silver Cove. I would definitely recommend the new villas if you want more of a 'resort' vibe. Your own private bathroom was a great selling point to me. 

I did also visit the spa for a bamboo couples massage. I believe the price was $169 a person. I think my experience could have been much better, but I will say that it’s an absolutely beautiful view outside on their back deck. There’s a few loungers and some swinging chairs. You just feel very relaxed and calm as you should when entering a spa. My appointment was at 9am and I was on the same tender as the spa employees. I would recommend booking 10am and on just so you don’t have to rush. 

The couples room features floor to ceiling sliding glass doors, but they didn’t offer to keep them open which I thought was odd. Why would you not want to hear the ocean and feel the breeze? It was also absolutely freezing in the room halfway through the massage. The masseuse’s hands and oil even got cold due to the AC blasting. They told me there was nothing they could do about it. That was not relaxing at all. They placed three towels on me but I think they should add blankets. They also offer the hot tub access for an additional $70 which is just ridiculous to me. I think you’re better off booking the spa onboard. I was very happy that they didn’t try to sell me any products after and just let us be on our way. 

2BD992C2-9996-4FDE-8357-DC8914D4B176.jpeg

D9A9771C-2B28-40D8-A535-5D35DF927A7D.jpeg

74E85B1F-695B-4118-A4D1-1A91C975ED2E.jpeg

B3D9EB23-B1AA-491E-982F-16992FFC4D6C.jpeg

6F2F8372-0EC9-4A2B-B43F-80226AC01E38.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Katxx said:

I think you are right; I think I labeled them number 24 to 39 on my self made map, with 39 being absolutely closest to the Silver Cove buffet and buffet bar. 

Their beach is very similar to the older GSC Cabana's beaches (both small and large cabanas).

16 hours ago, Katxx said:

We had villa 125 which was right next to the Moët Bar

71E6FCBC-4BEC-435B-959F-EFE35AF9F12A.jpeg

I noticed there are numbers on the Villas now so I guess my map is outdated now LOL.. and it seems they renumbered the Villas; Because your 125 was 109 on my map, the last one before the Moet Bar in the row straight from the reception. And the one before the 2 BR Villa is 123 on your photo so they went for even/uneven numbering too.

On our Oct call nearly half of the Ocean View Villas was still empty (i.e. missing furniture from what I saw) so perhaps that got you a Lagoon?

Was the zip line open or still under construction? Thanks for adding to the thread, keeps it alive! :classic_cool:

On 12/3/2019 at 5:34 PM, Katxx said:

Ok so at the Moet Bar clearly the UPB doesn't work there since is over the $15 max...correct?

13 minutes ago, BrownEyedGirl686 said:

Ok so at the Moet Bar clearly the UPB doesn't work there since is over the $15 max...correct?

Yea you either need the Premium Plus or to just pay the difference.