Everything... Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove (Villa's, Lagoon, Spa, etc)

FreestyleNovice

Can anyone tell me if there is still any public beach access in the lagoon area? When we visited GSC in 2016, we took the tram over to the lagoon and had it almost completely to ourselves. Nice and quiet and relaxing. We are booked on an April 2020 cruise and will be visiting GSC again. All I can find when I look for info on the beaches other than the main beach is information about the cabanas and villas (which we will not be renting).

Thanks very much for any information. 🙂

1 hour ago, CrankyBeach said:

Can anyone tell me if there is still any public beach access in the lagoon area? When we visited GSC in 2016, we took the tram over to the lagoon and had it almost completely to ourselves. Nice and quiet and relaxing. We are booked on an April 2020 cruise and will be visiting GSC again. All I can find when I look for info on the beaches other than the main beach is information about the cabanas and villas (which we will not be renting).

Thanks very much for any information. 🙂

No, the lagoon is for the villas. You may get access if you book a spa treatment, but I’m not sure about that.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked the 1 bedroom Villa for 10 of us to split.  From all the pictures and videos, it looks great!  Does anyone know if we have a server to bring us drinks while in the villa and sitting on the beach? 

so I booked my villa a while ago. there was only one option for villas. there was no 1 bedroom or studio or 2 bedrooms. My reservation doesnt say one or 2 or studio and when I looked to see if it says it now, it still doesnt .  is it just up to NCL to determine who gets 1, 2 or studio villas?

thanks

16 hours ago, Sproc311 said:

I just booked the 1 bedroom Villa for 10 of us to split.  From all the pictures and videos, it looks great!  Does anyone know if we have a server to bring us drinks while in the villa and sitting on the beach? 

Yes there is a server that will be walking around the villas...I did not see them walking down on the beach though.

• 1 month later...

We are booked on the Breakaway April 2020 and making a first stop to GSC.  I was interested in booking a Cabana, but they aren’t available or are sold out.  I waited patiently and last week the Silver Cove lagoon villas came online for our sailing.  I called a promptly booked the Studio.

When I called prior, CS indicated that the units were not available because they were still under construction. 🤷‍♀️

So happy I found this thread and very excited for the opportunity 🤞to visit GSC!

Hey, We are sailing on the Sky in a few weeks time with my brother and his wife (who are not cruisers and vowed never to set foot on a ship LOL!) and my 87 year old mom who tells us every 2 years she feels like she has one more cruise left in her!

We wanted to book a cabana on GSC but apparently they are still under construction in that area so we booked one of the Lagoon Villas. We have since learned that the Breakaway will be there on the same day so I can't even imagine how busy GSC will be that day. 

I understand that there is transportation from the docks to the Lagoon area and back again. Can someone verify that it is pretty easy to get to, Mom's mobility isn't great. Also, the write up on line says we have access to an upgraded buffet. Is it very far to walk to get there? And bar service? Do they have bar servers for the villas or is there a bar, and again, how far is the walk?  My brother and his wife are beach people so hopefully they will like it there. 

I see in the pictures, there are only 2 loungers out front of the villa, does anyone know if there are additional chairs or loungers that we would be able to use?

I appreciate any information you can provide, our aim it so make it nice for Mom and make her feel special, and hopefully a nice beach day that isn't too crowded for our family. The pictures that have been posted here look really nice.

Thanks

Jai

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueJai said:

Hey, We are sailing on the Sky in a few weeks time with my brother and his wife (who are not cruisers and vowed never to set foot on a ship LOL!) and my 87 year old mom who tells us every 2 years she feels like she has one more cruise left in her!

We wanted to book a cabana on GSC but apparently they are still under construction in that area so we booked one of the Lagoon Villas. We have since learned that the Breakaway will be there on the same day so I can't even imagine how busy GSC will be that day. 

I understand that there is transportation from the docks to the Lagoon area and back again. Can someone verify that it is pretty easy to get to, Mom's mobility isn't great. Also, the write up on line says we have access to an upgraded buffet. Is it very far to walk to get there? And bar service? Do they have bar servers for the villas or is there a bar, and again, how far is the walk?  My brother and his wife are beach people so hopefully they will like it there. 

I see in the pictures, there are only 2 loungers out front of the villa, does anyone know if there are additional chairs or loungers that we would be able to use?

I appreciate any information you can provide, our aim it so make it nice for Mom and make her feel special, and hopefully a nice beach day that isn't too crowded for our family. The pictures that have been posted here look really nice.

Thanks

Jai

Hello Jai,

I believe that the photos that you have been seeing are for an OCEAN VILLA AT SILVER COVE.  It seems that on the "near future" SKY reservations, the Studios are all that show-up to book (not 100% certain -- just a hunch based on all that I've read lately).  Anyway, The STUDIOS can hold up to 6 people.  After viewing many videos/photos, it appears that they have a table w/four chairs on the patio area and at the very least a sofa and chair inside.  And, I feel relatively certain that, if needed, you can ask your "butler for the day" to help with further seating.  If you have not watched any YouTube videos, I recommend doing so.  They might put your fears at ease!

Below is a link for more info ...IF you have not already checked on the PRIVATE ISLANDS forum.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/308-private-islands/

gg

Edited by ggTexasGal
added link info

Hi everyone!

We’re headed to GSC in a few weeks. A while ago I reserved the Ocean Studio Villa. I’m wondering if I should change it to the lagoon studio villa???

I can’t seem to find a lot of info on whether or not the ocean villa location is a good location? Convenient to the bars, restaurant, etc. Does the ocean villa section seem “far away” from the places you’d like to walk to in silver cove? Just as important, what is the beach and swim area like at the ocean villa section? Is it nice? Rocky? Etc...

PS, I do plan to provide feedback on the ocean, lagoon area, bar, buffet, etc when I return. The info available on NCL is very generic and the web seems to be very repetitive, generic and not very detailed to answer the questions of this wondering mind 😉

Edited by Loralye
  • Like 2

On 2/28/2020 at 8:50 PM, Loralye said:

Hi everyone!

We’re headed to GSC in a few weeks. A while ago I reserved the Ocean Studio Villa. I’m wondering if I should change it to the lagoon studio villa???

I can’t seem to find a lot of info on whether or not the ocean villa location is a good location? Convenient to the bars, restaurant, etc. Does the ocean villa section seem “far away” from the places you’d like to walk to in silver cove? Just as important, what is the beach and swim area like at the ocean villa section? Is it nice? Rocky? Etc...

PS, I do plan to provide feedback on the ocean, lagoon area, bar, buffet, etc when I return. The info available on NCL is very generic and the web seems to be very repetitive, generic and not very detailed to answer the questions of this wondering mind 😉

I have the exact questions you do!  I have an ocean villa booked for the end of this month,  I'm curious what the difference is between ocean and lagoon. 

On 2/28/2020 at 7:50 PM, Loralye said:

Hi everyone!

Enjoy your villa! I look forward to your update.

Hi Everyone

i haven’t gone to GSC yet (due to go next week). I did see someone post on FB their pics of the beach/water in front of the Ocean Studio Villa they rented. So I thought I would share. I’ll try to update after our GSC visit... In my opinion I’m happy with the ocean view beach since reading that the lagoon seems to get low tide in the afternoon and the water level goes down quite a bit.

0F8C9285-3CD2-4A63-ADBF-5A5749A07B13.jpeg

C4908063-5A56-47F7-8D3E-86DF17248410.jpeg

57 minutes ago, chars said:

Has anyone been able to apply the $50 excursion credit from a few cabins for the cabana? Since these are advertised for groups, I don't see why not?

Only 1 ShorEx credit (or 2, maybe, IF you happened to book during a special promotion) will be applied to each Villa. The booking is only made in ONE person's name, and that person needs to have the credit to have it be applied.

Reading the T&C's can be a bit confusing (especially since they have changed again).  However, you might want to re-read the Shore Excursion Terms and Conditions, again, for yourself.

We pre-purchased an Oceanview Villa for our May Cruise on the Sky.  Only our Platinum Discount was applied at THAT time. (Shore Ex Credit will be applied after we visit GSC).

Recently, postings for each Villa type have been added to our listing of available "Excursions."

SO, you might want to log-into your account, or call Shore Excursion Desk to make reservation for your cruise date.

• 6 months later...
40 minutes ago, THIS IS US! said:

FreestyleNovice thank you for starting this thread😀Just booked our Ocean front Villa for June! We rebooked our cruises a few times due to COVID like many other cruisers. So excited for 2021 and a relaxing time in our villa. 

I keep watching for these to be available for my August cruise....It looks like yours showed available 9 to 10 months out so now I have an idea about when mine should show as a shore excursion.  Like you I am wanting an ocean front villa.  Happy you were able to book one!

3 hours ago, THIS IS US! said:

FreestyleNovice thank you for starting this thread😀Just booked our Ocean front Villa for June! We rebooked our cruises a few times due to COVID like many other cruisers. So excited for 2021 and a relaxing time in our villa. 

Be aware of the changes, the Villa numbers are different, etc. 

It's a great place to hang out, relax, have some food and drinks, you will definitely love it!

• Like 1

I was able to book a Lagoon Villa at Silver Cove for my 9/5/2021 cruise! My PP+ discount and $50 excursion credit were applied at the time of booking! I'm not sure if we have a studio or what - I'm just excited about the private bathroom/shower!!

10 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Be aware of the changes, the Villa numbers are different, etc. 

It's a great place to hang out, relax, have some food and drinks, you will definitely love it!

Thanks for the tip,  I will be researching the perfect villa shortly. 

13 hours ago, TSUmom said:

I keep watching for these to be available for my August cruise....It looks like yours showed available 9 to 10 months out so now I have an idea about when mine should show as a shore excursion.  Like you I am wanting an ocean front villa.  Happy you were able to book one!

TSUMom I read that tip on another thread way back when. They said to say rt looking ten months out and they go fast!