Everything... Great Stirrup Cay - Silver Cove (Villa's, Lagoon, Spa, etc)

FreestyleNovice

1 hour ago, callmebetty said:

Forgive me...I am so confused! I have a Silver Cove Villa booked for April. Does this come with lagoon access or not? It ran us $500 before latitudes discount if that helps determine what we booked. No one on the phone has any idea what I am talking about with the lagoon! Either way I'm happy, just need to know what to tell DH when I tell him what I booked!

You will get full acces to the whole Silver Cove area, the lagoon is just a body of water near some of the villas. See the map in the first post.

Any Villa is awesome, you will have a great time! :classic_happy:

5 hours ago, erdoran said:

So where do Haven people who don’t rent a villa hang out?

On the public parts of Silver Cove. Beaches, the bars, I guess more basic loungers will be added to the beaches and grounds. There's more space in the area between the Reception, Spa and Buffet area.

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

On the public parts of Silver Cove. Beaches, the bars, I guess more basic loungers will be added to the beaches and grounds. There's more space in the area between the Reception, Spa and Buffet area.

Are the Haven people who don’t rent villas allowed now? They weren’t when I was there in June. On,y those that rented villas were allowed in Silver Cove.

19 hours ago, callmebetty said:

Forgive me...I am so confused! I have a Silver Cove Villa booked for April. Does this come with lagoon access or not? It ran us $500 before latitudes discount if that helps determine what we booked. No one on the phone has any idea what I am talking about with the lagoon! Either way I'm happy, just need to know what to tell DH when I tell him what I booked!

I am very confused also.  Is this not as described on the ncl website.. I called NCL and they said anyone can go into this area... but only villa guests can go to the restaurant set aside for this area.  NOT HAVEN.  It was described as being an area for haven guests.  What have you found out?

7 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Are the Haven people who don’t rent villas allowed now? They weren’t when I was there in June. On,y those that rented villas were allowed in Silver Cove.

Not sure, we were on the Sky (no Haven) and the few people that I saw all had a Villa.

We are sailing on Breakaway 12/14/19-12/21/19 and I wanted to reserve one of these villas.  However, they are not showing up in my excursions for GSC anymore.  Did they remove them as an option or is this an indication that these Villas are sold out?  A few months ago I thought these were Haven Villas?  I'm confused.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 9:49 PM, erdoran said:

So where do Haven people who don’t rent a villa hang out?

In gen-pop.  Although it was once advertised as a Haven area, it has evolved into an area for those that rent villas. I disagree with those who say anyone is allowed in that area.  In March, only those assigned to a villa were allowed.  But, many of those in the Haven were renting them.  I actually was not in the Haven that cruise, had a small cabana rented, and was upgraded to a studio villa.  It worked, since I booked a villa for my next cruise, loved it.

• Like 1

Yes I am confused as well. Only  one shows up under my explore and plan section. And it is the ocean villa. There were no options for 1-2 bedroom villas. So I am assuming it is the studio.  We sail march 29th. 

Even if I just do the explore  the ports for shore excursions -- the only one that shows up is the ocean villa.

On 11/21/2019 at 5:17 AM, tumblew467 said:

Yes I am confused as well. Only  one shows up under my explore and plan section. And it is the ocean villa. There were no options for 1-2 bedroom villas. So I am assuming it is the studio.  We sail march 29th. 

Even if I just do the explore  the ports for shore excursions -- the only one that shows up is the ocean villa.

I think no one had the option to choose a Villa type, yet. 

I am not sure how a large group had the 2 BR Villa during our call on GSC, perhaps it is at the discretion of Shorex staff or they just had the most added people of all those renting a Villa.

I am very sure there will be an option to choose in the near future but it probably have been dry runs up to now.

I too am totally confused by the Great Stirrup Cay options.....as we finally were able to book a Villa on our last cruise in October but as is often the case - the ship was NOT able to tender so that was a wash out.

Now - I am booked on an Oceania cruise that also stops at this port and they do NOT have Villas available to book!  Only cabanas....which are not what i had it mind as I like the air conditioning, refrigerator.....

So I wonder how this private island that belongs to NCL corp. skips this stop more often than not and then does NOT allow their sister company to book these excursions?  I have not asked Oceania yet....as we have time.  But I am curious as to what the passengers are supposed to do that are on Oceania when we get to this stop?

So I guess a CLEAR and accurate description of WHAT cabanas, villas, Haven area, etc. on Great Stirrup Cay are actually available would be great.

We absolutely LOVE the cabanas/villas on Harvest Cay.......and wish that it was just as easy to book similar on this private island.

the other thing is when I called shore ex number to book-- THey do not have all the info on the ocean villa. I was asking what was in it. I asked if a frig is included and snacks. Was  there a food credit like was offered with cabanas. THe person had said no frig no snacks. THat the food credit was done away with the cabanas. Then I found a a video  on you tube  and it showed a frig and complimentary fruit that was there upon their arrival and the frig had water stocked in it. 

Someone else mentioned that the food credit has been eliminated, which is no big deal to me since the majority of what we ordered in the past went to waste.  However, there was 100% a fridge that I think had water in it.  Don’t remember the water 100% though.

Edited by Shidah
Typo

I’m not crazy about the swing.  Cheapens the view.  I think I prefer the original villas that opened this past spring.  The lagoon looks okay but if you can only swim in the roped in area, well that seals the deal for the other area which I was fortunate enough to be upgraded to this past March.  Loved the villa, and the view, and could swim out as far as I wanted.