Low Airfares to Europe—Limited time to book

Cruzin Terri

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to share that British Airways is running a special to Europe up to October of next year.  Fares are phenomenal. Booking must be made before Nov. 6.

I just booked our airfare to Lisbon (one way) for the both of us for our TA in October.  Fare for the two of us was $2844.00 for First Class tickets from JFK.  We will buy a Jet Blue ticket to JFK and get a rental car in Miami to get home.

Round trip fares are good also.  It is worth taking a look and booking if you are interested.

Terri

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Thanks for sharing.   Are the fares good till October 1 or end of October.  Looking for a fare to Athens that the dates won’t be available till next week.

I booked on October 12,  It looked like they were good until about October 20, 2020..  Go to BA website and see what you can do.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I was alerted to this on Loyaltylobby,.com.  You might want to check out that website.  it was the airfare of the day,.

Terri

11 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I booked on October 12,  It looked like they were good until about October 20, 2020..  Go to BA website and see what you can do.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I was alerted to this on Loyaltylobby,.com.  You might want to check out that website.  it was the airfare of the day,.

Terri

Glad it worked for you.

I tried a flight from SFO to Rome for same date (Oct 12) and it was $8850 in BUSINESS (not even First).

1 minute ago, Paulchili said:

Glad it worked for you.

I tried a flight from SFO to Rome for same date (Oct 12) and it was $8850 in BUSINESS (not even First).

It. Has to be from JFK or Newark. Buy a cheap ticket to New York.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

7 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terri

From JFK it’s $8073 and I don’t think I can get a business from SFO to JFK at a bargain price. If I have to fly SFO-JFK in economy (5 - 6 hrs) that would be a deal breaker anyway.

Again, it works for you and maybe others but obviously not for me - too bad for me 😪 - great for you 😊

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I should have mentioned that the ticket must be purchased from JFK or Newark.  We booked from JFK and then are getting a cheap ticket to JFK from Savannah.

Sorry I left that part out. Look at LoyaltyLobby.com at airfare of the day.

Terri

I am in NYC area.  My cruise is the 24th from Athens,   I really don't want to spend more than 3 days in Athens, so my earliest outbound is the 20th.  The flights either go through LHR or Madrid (On Iberia)

Because the connecting flight is on the 21st I can't book till November 2nd  Might run some test bookings to see what is available at a reduce price.

18 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

From JFK it’s $8073 and I don’t think I can get a business from SFO to JFK at a bargain price. If I have to fly SFO-JFK in economy (5 - 6 hrs) that would be a deal breaker anyway.

Again, it works for you and maybe others but obviously not for me - too bad for me 😪 - great for you 😊

Sorry it would be helpful and sorry it wasn’t. I wasn’t gloating.  I was really trying to share my good fortune and hoping others would benefit too.  I got an email from Loyalty Lobby about the airfare of the day.  It has never worked for me until today.  I am really sorry that it did not work out.

Terri

6 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Sorry it would be helpful and sorry it wasn’t. I wasn’t gloating.  I was really trying to share my good fortune and hoping others would benefit too.  I got an email from Loyalty Lobby about the airfare of the day.  It has never worked for me until today.  I am really sorry that it did not work out.

Terri

Terri - I am not accusing you of gloating and am truly happy that this offer works for you.

BA F is going to be a treat although I am not sure you will be eligible for the Concord lounge at LHR, which is a very special lounge.

Just sorry it doesn’t work for me.

7 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Terri - I am not accusing you of gloating and am truly happy that this offer works for you.

BA F is going to be a treat although I am not sure you will be eligible for the Concord lounge at LHR, which is a very special lounge.

Just sorry it doesn’t work for me.

I have been in the Concord Lounge in LHR and it is great.  We will be able to use it. However we’ve never been in the Concord Lounge in JFK.  I just didn’t anyone to think I was gloating.  I was truly trying to be helpful for anyone going to Europe.  We live in South Carolina.  Originally our plan was to buy the miles we need and drive to Miami and use FF mile and fly from Miami and have our car there for the drive home.  This was too good to pass up.  Now we will fly from Savannah on Jet Blue to JFK and when we arrive in Miami we will rent a car to drive home.  It will stil be cheaper than buying the miles.  I looked at the one way tickets from Miami to Lisbon and they were $7700 each for business class.  So this was a real bargain.  

I am sorry it did not work out for you.  Maybe another day might work.  You must use the BA website to book.

Good luck.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

Terri, I think you struck gold!!! What a great 

offer!  We would do it in a heart beat if we were flying over ! Our cruise is out of Miami TA  and when we do come home 2 months later we are with BA with first on FF. We always will do buisness and enjoy so first is a treat! Good for you!

Thanks Terri! Hope it helps a lot of CCers !

Denise😊 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terri

Honestly? I'd rather fly Economy Plus nonstop to Europe than connect through the East Coast.  I breaks it up into two nasty flights.  IMO.

Terri - Thank you for this great tip!

I just booked our tickets for our cruise in September. Can tell you - this sale works not just from NY, but from LA as well. Our flight: LAX - Stockholm - Barcelona - LAX in premium economy through LHR is less than Oceania credit with premium upgrade. We’ll fly a day earlier and stay a day at the end without paying a deviation fee. Just out of curiosity,  I priced the same flight from NY and to my surprise it was even little more expensive. This not happened very often, normally it’s much more to fly from west coast.

BC tickets are also with great discounts. We fly in BC when it’s a longer flight to Asia, Africa etc...but we tried PE before and found it adequate for LAX - LHR non-stop.  

Thanks again.

Edited by osandomir
Typo

4 hours ago, osandomir said:

Terri - Thank you for this great tip!

I just booked our tickets for our cruise in September. Can tell you - this sale works not just from NY, but from LA as well. Our flight: LAX - Stockholm - Barcelona - LAX in premium economy through LHR is less than Oceania credit with premium upgrade. We’ll fly a day earlier and stay a day at the end without paying a deviation fee. Just out of curiosity,  I priced the same flight from NY and to my surprise it was even little more expensive. This not happened very often, normally it’s much more to fly from west coast.

BC tickets are also with great discounts. We fly in BC when it’s a longer flight to Asia, Africa etc...but we tried PE before and found it adequate for LAX - LHR non-stop.  

Thanks again.

Glad it worked for you. Enjoy your trip.

Terri

I noticed today the prices were about $500 PP higher, so I was disappointed to have missed the deal.  But clicking through anyway, I realized I had misread the pricing, thinking the prices quoted were round trip.  So, not the deal I thought anyway!

Edited by hiccups