Ocean Cay just been cancelled for our sailing.

nikkiw60

3 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

I think you know me by now through these boards... now what to do in Ocho Rios! We are looking at ships tours but they are expensive and not all that bothered about sitting on a beach all day... a rum distillery might do it! 
anyone any suggestions would be appreciated!

Down River falls ? Bamboo Rafting? by the way can you tell me how much is Bamboo Rafting on the Martha brae on board? online now is 82$ adult and they say its 20% off I wonder if tis true or not LOL.

honestly we went once for Down River Falls ,and we dont leave ship since then in Jamaica. LOl Vendors are too pushy .

Edited by GOLDENBONNY

On the Seaside now and just talked to the CD.  He said he has submitted his plan for the festivities to take place next week when the Seaside is the first ship to visit the island.  As of today everything is still a go for next week's arrival on November 15th.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Até said:

The port fees MSC has been charging for itineraries stopping at Ocean Cay have been much higher than for itineraries that don't visit OC...

We have a 4 night cruise booked with two stops, Key West and Ocean Cay. Port fees are $133pp. For comparison purposes, we also have a  7 night cruise on Holland America booked that stops in Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Amber Cove, and Key West, and the port fees for that one are $128pp. 

🤯

Edited by Tapi

5 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

I think you know me by now through these boards... now what to do in Ocho Rios! We are looking at ships tours but they are expensive and not all that bothered about sitting on a beach all day... a rum distillery might do it! 

You can always go handout at Margaritaville.

5 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

Dunns River Falls is the most popular excursion in Ochi. I've done it twice. A nice day.Do you golf? There are some excellent courses nearby if that is your thing. Ochi doesn't have great beaches, so you are onto something skipping a beach day here IMO.  I did river tubing once and did not like it (lots and lots of mosquito bites). I've done the Bob Marley house which was interesting. The jamaican bobsled is popular (but I've never done that). Jamaica has unique culinary experiences if that interests you, but you need to like jerk flavoring. What I will say is that Ocho is a place to make sure you keep an eye on your valuables more so than other caribbean ports. Better to be overly safe. Let us know what you decide! 

5 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Down River falls ? Bamboo Rafting? by the way can you tell me how much is Bamboo Rafting on the Martha brae on board? online now is 82$ adult and they say its 20% off I wonder if tis true or not LOL.

honestly we went once for Down River Falls ,and we dont leave ship since then in Jamaica. LOl Vendors are too pushy .

This is what we have been offered.

DB88B96D-8678-4F40-BBF0-134C5A866201.jpeg

1EEFD880-8269-4433-9A90-1082718DB7E8.jpeg

BCBCC73D-F38A-4AC4-9B02-E8DED080C0C2.jpeg

A38C17E9-4E48-4370-9148-172415613DC1.jpeg

With our surprise 20% offer we are going to visit the future cruise desk to see if we can use it for the Meraviglia Canada trip next year, this cruise is also one of the 20% voyagers club specials... watch this space! If we can we will cancel the 7 night one with a similar itinerary that we are holding on NCL with future cruise vouchers.

• Like 1

FYI for all.... Got this from MSC website, maybe nothing but it says one of the first. May be talking about ships, but also possible about people on the ship. who knows....

7- night Cruises From $299 pp 

HOT DEAL ALERT: November 17, 4-night cruise $199 to the brand new OCEAN CAY MSC MARINE RESERVE. Be one of the first! 

3 - 5-night Caribbean cruises: From $99

13 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

Can you post how you liked it? We'll be doing that on our cruise next week. 

Thank you!

Could you please let me know what day you gonna have Italian night (Mediterranean) on your crise. Have some new cruisers with me this time don't want them to miss all the singing . hope not to book circus or Butcher cut this night .

On 11/4/2019 at 9:26 PM, BuckeyeCruizer said:

So, some think that $100 is generous.  Do you know how much time some people plan their vacations so they can relax.  Now they have to take time from their vacation.  There should be more notice and a better reason.  We had a safe/shaded cabana planned at Ocean Cay for the family that has two females.  Hmm, how safe is Ocho Rios?  They tell you to be alert at resorts. It may work for some people, but not all.

Ocho Rios is plenty safe. And there is a lot more to do than on OC.

20 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Could you please let me know what day you gonna have Italian night (Mediterranean) on your crise. Have some new cruisers with me this time don't want them to miss all the singing . hope not to book circus or Butcher cut this night .

It’s on the second to last night for this cruise. Went to Butchers Cut last night the steak is wonderful!

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 10:26 PM, BuckeyeCruizer said:

So, some think that $100 is generous.  Do you know how much time some people plan their vacations so they can relax.  Now they have to take time from their vacation.  There should be more notice and a better reason.  We had a safe/shaded cabana planned at Ocean Cay for the family that has two females.  Hmm, how safe is Ocho Rios?  They tell you to be alert at resorts. It may work for some people, but not all.

It’s not just $100, a discount of the 20% off this cruise goes into the $100’s for some of us!

1 hour ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Second night we will have Sea day so I assume it will be formal night 🤔 I hope Maitre D will have this info on first day.

When we went to OCEAN Cay to change a booking there was a list on the desk of when the theme nights were going to be so worth going in person to book your restaurants.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

When we went to OCEAN Cay to change a booking there was a list on the desk of when the theme nights were going to be so worth going in person to book your restaurants.

Will do. Thank you. We are going first time with two other couples and I am the one who organized everything  😥hope MSC  will not let me down LOL

On 11/6/2019 at 11:03 AM, KSSS2013 said:

Can you post how you liked it? We'll be doing that on our cruise next week. 

Thank you!

We have just got here the beach is lovely and it’s next to dolphin cove...

only negative so far is that we have come to the beach first and lunch is at 11.40 and we leave at 12.10 to go to the falls!

There is free Wi-fi here!

big tip if you don’t mind seeing dolphins in captivity get a sun bed at the end of the beach...

2046755F-29C2-4F85-950F-68CB165A57C0.jpeg

B73BEF58-798F-4681-B665-08CC549DEEA8.jpeg

A5466537-5292-4B76-AE72-061B8B69B7A0.jpeg

E2AD1D2C-C0F0-45AF-852D-22DBE872412A.jpeg

E0582C7E-80F9-45EA-9E46-3C94E6C4AB5D.jpeg

2397624D-932A-4FFA-A627-3F3BB26F54AD.jpeg

C5BB6CB6-16A1-4902-A2AD-8CDF07051D2D.jpeg

Edited by nikkiw60

I have taken it upon myself to tell the lady at the beach we leave at 12.10! She had an oh bug moment as realisation hit re the live music! Said will try to get them to start as soon as they arrive...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

The only people on the beach are from the ship.. a live band starts at 12.30, we leave at 12.10!

Thanks for posting this. I appreciate it. I assumed the falls would be first and then the beach.  

1 hour ago, KSSS2013 said:

Thanks for posting this. I appreciate it. I assumed the falls would be first and then the beach.  

Found out they split the tour so unlucky we did the beach first! However it was a fabulous tour the buffet food was fine. The falls were not what we expected it was a botanical with a menagerie and the falls we were there for an hour with a guided tour.

We did not get hassled by vendors and we came straight back to the ship we did not stop at the shops by the port...

We were the only ship In port so would have been great for the island tourist attractions.