How many can be seated at largest dining room tables?

Greektreats

We are a group of 8 couples, sailing on Panaroma in February, and wanted late seating and to be seated at tables next to each other so that our whole party stays together. However, when we booked, late seating was not available, so we are waitlisted for that time (not interested in early seating).  If, in fact, we are unable to get our requested (late) dining, someone please tell me about Your Time Dining, and how to go about booking, particularly for a large group of 16.  Do we book that daily, or for the week after we board?   We have not cruised Carnival in many years, so I'm not familiar with procedures. Thanks for any help!

14 minutes ago, Greektreats said:

We are a group of 8 couples, sailing on Panaroma in February, and wanted late seating and to be seated at tables next to each other so that our whole party stays together. However, when we booked, late seating was not available, so we are waitlisted for that time (not interested in early seating).  If, in fact, we are unable to get our requested (late) dining, someone please tell me about Your Time Dining, and how to go about booking, particularly for a large group of 16.  Do we book that daily, or for the week after we board?   We have not cruised Carnival in many years, so I'm not familiar with procedures. Thanks for any help!

There is a large table just inside the door, it may hold 16 (not sure, but if wrong one of my friends will correct me).  That  said, we have sone it and it is really hard to hear those on the other side of the table.  Just my 2 cents.   

I think a 12 top is the largest I ever saw in the main dining room. And as jimbo5544 said, even when the table gets that large, you really won't be able to have a conversation with anyone other than people right next to you. There is just too much background noise. We generally try to get assigned to a table with 6-8 people so we can talk to everyone.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Greektreats said:

If, in fact, we are unable to get our requested (late) dining, someone please tell me about Your Time Dining, and how to go about booking, particularly for a large group of 16.  Do we book that daily, or for the week after we board?   We have not cruised Carnival in many years, so I'm not familiar with procedures. Thanks for any help!

With Your Time Dining, you can go any time between 5:45 and 9:30. You don't have to go at the same time every night.   Not sure about where you check in on your particular ship.  You check in and tell them how many people are in your party.  You can request the same servers ever night if you like them.  When the table/s are available, they will seat you.  You will have to do this every night.

With YTD, you may well have to wait quite a while to get a large group seated together like that.  It would be much easier to split into tables for four on most nights.  Maybe once or twice try to get together if necessary.  With a large group like that you can't carry on a conversation with anyone, anyway,  except the ones next to you. Some of the group may actually prefer not to be joined at the hip all the time. I suggest being flexible or be prepared to wait a long time every night.

Good news!  I started this thread with my question about seating 16 if we had to do 

Your Time Dining....  Just found out Late Seating opened back up and we are all assigned our first preference!  Yay!  And thanks for all your comments and suggestions!

• Like 2

On 11/9/2019 at 5:45 PM, Greektreats said:

Good news!  I started this thread with my question about seating 16 if we had to do 

Your Time Dining....  Just found out Late Seating opened back up and we are all assigned our first preference!  Yay!  And thanks for all your comments and suggestions!

Awesome. Just make sure your reservations are linked so you are seated together.

12 hours ago, lcantw3658 said:

We were a group of 21. They gave us a table of 6 and 2 tables of 8 all next to each other with the same servers. It worked out great. Much better than one big table where you can't really even see or hear everyone. 

That is what we typically get with our groups, although not necessarily with the same servers all the time (it would be our preference if they were).  A word of caution to others if the servers are different, it can cause ripples to the service team if people are jumping from one table tot eh next with different servers.  Just something to keep in mind.