Can we get room service our first night on Marina?

clo

I know that sounds nuts but we'll have had  a HUGE lunch in Rio, with two or more caipirinhas (the national cocktail) and will board after that.  We'll 'sleep it off' and was thinking about Waves or something.  But then it occurred to me that "breakfast for dinner" in our cabin might be just the thing.  Someone here mentioned that I should see if they do room service on the first night.  If it matters, we won't sail until the following night.  TIA.

Room service is available 24 hours you should have no problem once you have your room usually at the latest 3pm.

Ships are ongoing at all times and have existing passengers on board to cater to.

It will be fine. Enjoy your cruise.

18 minutes ago, cswhistler said:

Room service is available 24 hours you should have no problem once you have your room usually at the latest 3pm.

Ships are ongoing at all times and have existing passengers on board to cater to.

It will be fine. Enjoy your cruise.

Menu is expectedly limited but plenty of choices when you need it.

11 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Menu is expectedly limited but plenty of choices when you need it.

Thanks to both of you.  We're on Concierge level which I understand has a much bigger selection.  

3 minutes ago, clo said:

Thanks to both of you.  We're on Concierge level which I understand has a much bigger selection.  

Bigger PH room service selection for breakfast. Not sure for the rest of the meal times.

IMO, for the first night, do the Terrace and eat as much/little as you want while you use the opportunity to mix with other passengers, particularly those who showed up to the M&G.

O passengers are very friendly and make cruise buddy connections quickly.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Bigger selection for breakfast. Not sure for the rest of the day.

Thanks.  And who knows what we'll actually do.  We'll be going back ashore the following morning to see friends and have another more 'modest' lunch.  Thanks, kiddo.

The room service menu as far as I remember is the same for everybody.  There are several big books on the desk in your room, and one of them has the room service menu.  As Flatbush said, concierge passengers have more choices for breakfast in the room.  I remember one early cruise -- this might have been on Renaissance -- I became extremely ill.  I didn't eat for more than a day.  When I finally had an appetite I ordered fairly late in the evening from room service and there were plenty of choices.

When we use room service for lunch I like the club sandwiches.

Mura

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Bigger PH room service selection for breakfast. Not sure for the rest of the meal times.

IMO, for the first night, do the Terrace and eat as much/little as you want while you use the opportunity to mix with other passengers, particularly those who showed up to the M&G.

O passengers are very friendly and make cruise buddy connections quickly.

I'm a tested out "extreme extrovert" so never worry about connecting 🙂  Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Mura said:

Clo, should we ever sail together we might be the perfect match since I am your opposite!  😄

LOL.  So is Bob 🙂  I've joked that when I understand what drive him it just pi$$es me off.  Not really.  After 30 years I guess we've figured it out.  Maybe ?

If you've lasted this long, I would say yes.  Like with me and DH ... total opposites, other than both being musicians (which is how we met).  End of topic before we get slammed for hijacking the thread!

Mura

• Like 1