Sky / Royal Class questions - Internet, flower, Thermal Suite questions

orientodyssey

Booked 11 Day Scandinavia and Russia on Sky for next Aug from Copenhagen.  NN help with the questions below:

1.  Multi Device MadallionNet Voyage Package 4 devices $14.99 per day

We have two teenager children and will take a quad room, thus the 4 devices would work perfectly for us.  In personal planner above package are offered as pre-cruise & save, but I must use credit card to prepay.  I would really like to use OBC, but it seems I can only do that once onboard.  Wonder any one had been on Royal Class for the similar 11 day voyage, knowns whether the same package / price is available to book once onboard?  Or the price will be more expensive than pre-cruise offering.  

2.  Flower Choices

Wonder any one had pre-ordered flowers through Princess for your journey?  Did you order "Personal Choice Arrangement" for $49 or "Princess Arrangement" for $39?  What is the difference and and what is your experience?  I read many simply buy flowers from local mart and bring it onboard.  I don't know whether any one did that fom Copenhagen.

3.  Lotus Spa Thermal Suite Pass 11 Day 

The pre-cruise offering is $219 per person, and $339 per couple.  Again I have to prepay by credit card and can not use OBC.  Wonder if any one knows if similar rates are available once booking onboard (for 11 day voyage), or the price will be more expensive? 

Thank you all........

Regarding flowers. If you are in a mini suite or full suite then there will be some space to place flowers. If you are in a deluxe balcony or lower category with 4 in a cabin you will not have much counter space to place an arrangement of flowers. 

Regarding flowers, we order the mixed tropical arrangement. It's beautiful, sadly I don't have any photos of it.  We have done flowers with 4 in a mini suite, but as Skynight mentions, it may be more complicated in a balcony or interior cabin.  However,  we used the ledge on the window in an ocean view cabin to put the flowers a few times when we did 4 in a cabin. It is tight, but the flowers are lovely. 

Edited by jennybenny
added comments for 4 in cabin plus flowers

I am fairly sure 4 devices is for a single account. Not 4 separate user accounts each having individual internet access.  Of course you can have 4 device on the internet at once but they each will all need to be logged into a single account. Chat feature between accounts would not be possible with devices logged into a single account. Unsure what other user account to user account features will be missed. I am sure someone with more knowledge on this will chime in. 

Thank you so much for the info.  We will be in a mini suite so I guess we will have some room to play around with flowers, although I know not much.  

Thank you masterty for the useful info.  I would never thought about the Chat Feature not working though.  I'd give it more thought and a more through research.  THNX!    

• Like 1

10 hours ago, masterty said:

I am fairly sure 4 devices is for a single account. Not 4 separate user accounts each having individual internet access.  Of course you can have 4 device on the internet at once but they each will all need to be logged into a single account. Chat feature between accounts would not be possible with devices logged into a single account. Unsure what other user account to user account features will be missed. I am sure someone with more knowledge on this will chime in. 

I don't think this is correct. Many other people have posted about pricing and sharing a 4 device package with their family, both in their cabin and other cabins. I have not personally paid for internet, so don't know for sure. I would suggest searching this topic, and you should be able to get an answer.

I do know the bouquet of roses from the ship last a long time! My husband surprised me with the roses when I took a 12 day British Isle cruise with my sister and those roses lasted right up to the last day! 🙂 

• Like 1

1. If you were Platinum / Elite on Princess you'd likely want to wait to buy onboard on Day 1 for 25% off any Internet package.

3.  The Thermal Suite pass will be the same price on board - there is no pre-cruise discount.  Head there right away to get yours - never sure on any cruise how fast they will sell out. 

4 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

1. If you were Platinum / Elite on Princess you'd likely want to wait to buy onboard on Day 1 for 25% off any Internet package.

We boarded the Sky on 11/3 for 28 days & this was our experience with the unlimited plan.

We get the free minutes (500) & pre-cruise could have purchased unlimited at a “25% discount” for $130.  Onboard we used OBC at a “25% discount” to pay $112.50 so the price onboard was $150 before the discount.  It was a 13% discount off the pre-cruise cost of $130.

Being able to use OBC was best for me & my wife kept her 500 minutes 

All 4-Device prices I’ve seen were double the 1-Device price;  $250 for the 4-Device plan on our 28-day cruise.  I’ve separately logged in to my phone & tablet and haven’t tried my sign-in on my wife’s devices but have read posts from those who did it.

If people can login to internet on different devices they can use any already existing types of communication like FB messenger, Viber, WhatsApp or WiFi calling )))