HOS Sailaway

catugirl

37 minutes ago, catugirl said:

I read that there are not an over abundance of places on Harmony of the Seas with sea views,  if that’s the case, where is the best place on that ship for sail away?  Our cruise is coming up in seven days.

I would stay on the starboard side. There are really not any great views. Enjoy!

If the Harmony is backed into her berth go to Deck 5 and go out to the back of the ship.  You will be facing Grills Restaurant.

There is a Port Canaveral webcam (atop Fishlips) which will catch your sail away.  Just tell your family and friends to log onto www.portcanaveralwebcam.com and they can watch you sail away!!  Some people even make signs which they will zoom in on!

Have a great cruise!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, catugirl said:

I read that there are not an over abundance of places on Harmony of the Seas with sea views,  if that’s the case, where is the best place on that ship for sail away?  Our cruise is coming up in seven days.

Cape Canaveral AirForce Station and the American space program is to the north/left (port),  Cocoa Beach is to the south/right (starboard).

We have a SpaceX launch tomorrow morning😁

North

20191110_192653.thumb.jpg.8f27f94156dc5842f87e525bbbd3a6c8.jpg

South

20190818_164907.thumb.jpg.4776aaaa10357d061160ee95c4454e41.jpg

Taken from Deck 17 forward

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Cape Canaveral AirForce Station and the American space program is to the north/left (port),  Cocoa Beach is to the south/right (starboard).

We have a SpaceX launch tomorrow morning😁

North

20191110_192653.thumb.jpg.8f27f94156dc5842f87e525bbbd3a6c8.jpg

South

20190818_164907.thumb.jpg.4776aaaa10357d061160ee95c4454e41.jpg

Taken from Deck 17 forward

So from the portside you can see Cape Canaveral in the distance.

We just recently (Oct 19th) day ported there on Adventure...loved our 8 hour KSC tour. We'll be back again to cruise Harmony in early May but no time for another tour.....darn.

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

So from the portside you can see Cape Canaveral in the distance.

We just recently (Oct 19th) day ported there on Adventure...loved our 8 hour KSC tour. We'll be back again to cruise Harmony in early May but no time for another tour.....darn.

Correct, and there are no guarantees with rocket launches, but we have a SpaceX launch scheduled for Sunday night Dec 15

Harmony should be able to get a nice view since it is scheduled for 8:38pm. The rocket will be on pad  SLC40 that afternoon

image.png.e7e7bae7c8bd660b627d2ec4829e1a7b.png

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Correct, and there are no guarantees with rocket launches, but we have a SpaceX launch scheduled for Sunday night Dec 15

Harmony should be able to get a nice view since it is scheduled for 8:38pm. The rocket will be on pad  SLC40 that afternoon

Thanks for the info John. We sail out on Harmony this coming Sunday, but I'm now assuming the launch was yesterday?

17 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

If the Harmony is backed into her berth go to Deck 5 and go out to the back of the ship.  You will be facing Grills Restaurant.

There is a Port Canaveral webcam (atop Fishlips) which will catch your sail away.  Just tell your family and friends to log onto www.portcanaveralwebcam.com and they can watch you sail away!!  Some people even make signs which they will zoom in on!

Have a great cruise!!!

Yep, just watched friends leave the Sunday before, waving all the way!

But I could hardly keep my eyes off this little fellow (right side) standing down from them who was soooo "squirmy" and bound and determined to climb the rail - the woman with him could barely keep him under control!

Kid_LI.jpg

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Launch was this morning 

JMO it was louder than usual too :classic_smile: We are 45 mins up the coast and the guys on the golf course all craned their necks looking up at the sky when the rumble hit here. No doubt what that was LOL.

For some reason I didn't see it (usually looks like an "orange dot" streaking up over here), but the sun was directly in my face on the balcony - also no trail in the sky after,  just heard the rumble.