UDP and Tweens

BunnyHutt

I’m toying with this idea (have a year to decide and also hoping for Black Friday deals) for our Anthem cruise next December. Kids will be 12 and 14. I have no issues paying adult price for either kid as both have extensive palates and both (boys) can eat like adults, especially on vacation. I guess my 12-yr-old would only be $10/meal? Score! However, fine print says children have to order from the kids menu... is this always the case? Again, kid can eat more than me at times and certainly enjoys his fine dining. 😉

In the past when dining with our under 12 kid who would order off the adult menu sometimes they would charge the $10 and sometimes the full price.  If they only charged $10 we would leave a bigger tip. Now that she's 12 we just buy the adult package for her. It really depends on ship, restaurant, and server.

• Like 1

Maybe I should have toyed with the planner before posting this question, lol. 

It looks like I have to purchase for him upfront and difference between adult meal and cover (applicable for ages 6-12) would be refunded via refundable OBC. But if he’s eating like an adult, and I’ve already paid for him as an adult, then I’ll leave it as is. I was initially reading it as though I was not supposed to purchase UDP for any “child.”

Now to wait for the price to drop 😉

2 hours ago, MaryEBS said:

You will need to purchase the adult package for your boys.  Charging adult prices starts at age 12, only under 12 qualify for the $10. meal.  

FYI It is 12 and under

Children between the ages of 0-5 are complimentary and ages 6-12 are $10 per child; children must order from the kids menu.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, BunnyHutt said:

Maybe I should have toyed with the planner before posting this question, lol. 

It looks like I have to purchase for him upfront and difference between adult meal and cover (applicable for ages 6-12) would be refunded via refundable OBC. But if he’s eating like an adult, and I’ve already paid for him as an adult, then I’ll leave it as is. I was initially reading it as though I was not supposed to purchase UDP for any “child.”

Now to wait for the price to drop 😉

Best just to buy it ahead of time and let your son order off the adult menu.  If the restaurant give you a credit then its a bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katiel53 said:

My 12 year old granddaughter ordered from the adult menu and her parents paid full price for her on all the specialty restaurants on Allure.

My Daughter also had pay Full Price for my Grand Child to eat off Adult Menu on Allure and on Anthem this last yr. Is what is. My boy who is 6ft now was 9yr always ate off Adult Menu's at Land Rest. Kids portions too small or lacked choice, was few times I got a Kids Meal food so he'd get the toy but he'd order Adult Foods...