Anyone ever gotten pushback about a lounger on an angled balcony?

PortFees45

I think you have to take into account the number of balconies on the ship and the fact that they don't have a "spare lounger in case someone wants one" storage facility.

About the only place they could get a lounger would be to take one off of the public deck...which, I believe, would then make the person that has it on their balcony all week the "king chair hog". 😲

19 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

I think you have to take into account the number of balconies on the ship and the fact that they don't have a "spare lounger in case someone wants one" storage facility.

About the only place they could get a lounger would be to take one off of the public deck...which, I believe, would then make the person that has it on their balcony all week the "king chair hog". 😲

Yeah because if there's one thing in short supply on a cruise ship it's lounge chairs...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

Yeah because if there's one thing in short supply on a cruise ship it's lounge chairs...

How very true. That pretty much explains the lack of "there are just so many unused lounger" posts on these boards.

25 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

How very true. That pretty much explains the lack of "there are just so many unused lounger" posts on these boards.

On the cruises I've been on, I've seen many unused loungers all the time.  It's just they are in places that aren't front and center by the pool where apparently that is the high demand spot.  There are usually other decks where there are tons of unused lounge chairs though.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

14 minutes ago, Freckle53 said:

On the cruises I've been on, I've seen many unused loungers all the time.  It's just they are in places that aren't front and center by the pool where apparently that is the high demand spot.  There are usually other decks where there are tons of unused lounge chairs though.  

Thats the fun of Cruise Critic...one person says loungers are in short supply, another says there are "tons of unused lounge chairs". No one right answer as someone always has opposing "facts". Maybe the next time someone complains about chair hogs we can explain the "tons of unused lounge chairs" to them.

14 minutes ago, hladygirl said:

We were in a midship mini suite on the Dawn last year and asked for a lounger. No problem. Our room steward was the best we ever had. Can’t say the same for the other 9 we had.

Well if your steward on the Dawn was the best of the 10 cruises you've been on, wouldn't the other 9 by definition not be the best? 

5 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Thats the fun of Cruise Critic...one person says loungers are in short supply, another says there are "tons of unused lounge chairs". No one right answer as someone always has opposing "facts". Maybe the next time someone complains about chair hogs we can explain the "tons of unused lounge chairs" to them.

It's not like they keep a stack of lounge chairs in a closet somewhere to swap in on the few cabins with balconies large enough to accommodate them if the guest asks. I mean, that would be crazy. 

19 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

It's not like they keep a stack of lounge chairs in a closet somewhere to swap in on the few cabins with balconies large enough to accommodate them if the guest asks. I mean, that would be crazy. 

Maybe they do..After all I'm not sure  the cabin Steward is going all the way to the sun decks,  and dragging a lounger down to  the lower passanger decks..

Edited by NYcruzzer

4 minutes ago, NYcruzzer said:

Maybe they do..After all I'm not sure  the cabin Steward is going all the way to the sun decks,  and dragging a lounger down to deck the lower passanger decks..

Maybe.

Perhaps we should ask to see the spare lounger storage closet during the next behind the scenes tour. OR...we could ask the Sr Officers at the M&G to explain why they don't just put loungers on these balconies all the time!

27 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

The issue Is not not the number of loungers available, it’s the lack of space around the pool and the sun decks to place them.

1 hour ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

On the Epic in August, we requested a lounger on our angled balcony.  Several hours later, when we returned to our stateroom, we had two loungers.  Enjoyed them all week!

We had similar experience on the last several cruises on BA. We only asked for one as the space was somewhat limited.

24 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

The issue Is not not the number of loungers available, it’s the lack of space around the pool and the sun decks to place them.

I dunno...you say there is no space for loungers yet the other poster said there are "tons of unused loungers". Doesn't seem like you would need space to place loungers if you already have "tons of unused loungers" on the public decks.

I really think that the issue is the number of conflicting "facts"....somebody has to be right, somebody has to be wrong.

56 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

Well if your steward on the Dawn was the best of the 10 cruises you've been on, wouldn't the other 9 by definition not be the best? 

Yes they would. You are about the most negative person I have seen posting on the NCL boards. Why do you continue to even consider NCL? There are a lot of other cruiselines to consider if you dislike NCL so much.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hladygirl said:

Yes they would. You are about the most negative person I have seen posting on the NCL boards. Why do you continue to even consider NCL? There are a lot of other cruiselines to consider if you dislike NCL so much.

I'm not being negative, I'm just saying if you have 10 apples, and one of them is "the best" apple, then by definition the other 9 apples aren't the best. 

Has anyone even thought about that loungers (poolside or otherwise) break due to wear and tear? I don't think they order one or two loungers to replace "one or two" that break during a cruise. They have extras lying around, you can bet on that. A lot? Tons? Gazillions? Who knows... What does it even matter?!?! This is an amenity that you either have luck getting if your balcony can accommodate it or you don't. It doesn't hurt to just ask nicely. I'm sure I will when I sail the Epic in a few monthns on my angled balcony. If the steward comes through, I'll tip him well. If not, a simple "OK, thank you" will do.