AMEX OFFER till DECEMBER 31, 2019

victory2020

4 hours ago, Jammu2 said:

Anyone have a link to the offer screen page? In the past, when someone posts a link, we are able to get it added to our cards. The page will prompt you to sign in with your own info, but then take you to the add screen. Even if initially the offer was not available on your particular card.

That's only been the case for the World's Leading Cruise Line offer. Most offers, including this one, do not have a "back door" to get it added to your card if it's not already being offered there. If you're asking where the screen is to add offers, just login to your Amex account and look towards the bottom of the page.

Edited by MisterBill99
  • Thanks 1

Thanks yes we have the HAL one (4x actually) but we did not receive the Celebrity one on any card.

Correction - we received on Blue but not on Delta Gold or Platinum or Wells Fargo Propel.

Edited by Jammu2

6 minutes ago, Jammu2 said:

Thanks yes we have the HAL one (4x actually) but we did not receive the Celebrity one on any card.

Correction - we received on Blue but not on Delta Gold or Platinum or Wells Fargo Propel.

The HAL/WLCL offer is usually available to everyone. The Celebrity offer is more limited. I've never gotten it before and consider myself fortunate to have it on 4 cards (myself and 3 AU's) since I have some final payments coming up!

My sister doesn't have an Amex.  She is applying for one to see if she can get the $150 discount.  If she goes ahead and puts down a $900 nonrefudable deposit while she is waiting, I know it won't count for the Amex discount.  But if she opts, before the promo ends, to add an add'l $500 toward the payment for her cruise, would that $500 be refundable if she had to cancel?  I know she would lose $100/pp on the original $900 deposit, but wondered about the add'l monies.

On 11/17/2019 at 5:01 PM, mk-ultra said:

Just got confirmation of two AMEX deals (less than 48 hours after spending):

"We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at Celebrity. You'll be rewarded with a $150.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms."

Re: "if your purchase meets the offer terms"

Did the credit post?

2 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

My sister doesn't have an Amex.  She is applying for one to see if she can get the $150 discount.  If she goes ahead and puts down a $900 nonrefudable deposit while she is waiting, I know it won't count for the Amex discount.  But if she opts, before the promo ends, to add an add'l $500 toward the payment for her cruise, would that $500 be refundable if she had to cancel?  I know she would lose $100/pp on the original $900 deposit, but wondered about the add'l monies.

If she gets the Amex and the offer gets registered she can call and have them change the card and move the deposit to the Amex card.   I did that once when I got a new card which included Travel cancellation insurance.

41 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If she gets the Amex and the offer gets registered she can call and have them change the card and move the deposit to the Amex card.   I did that once when I got a new card which included Travel cancellation insurance.

Celebrity moved the deposit to the new card?  How soon after you made the original deposit did you ask them to move it?  

4 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

My sister doesn't have an Amex.  She is applying for one to see if she can get the $150 discount. 

You should look for a referral link on your account (assuming you have a card) so you can get something for her signing up. If not, make sure that she applies for a card that comes with a sign-up bonus. Also make sure that she gets an authorized user for her spouse so she can get offers on two cards.

Also, I think expecting to have the Celebrity offer on a new card is far from a sure thing. Much more likely on the Holland America offer. But I guess it doesn't hurt to try. 

Edited by MisterBill99

2 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Celebrity moved the deposit to the new card?  How soon after you made the original deposit did you ask them to move it?  

It was probably within a month of booking.  It wasn't a problem they just credited the first card and charged the new one.

On 11/17/2019 at 4:53 PM, MisterBill99 said:

If it's any consolation, they stopped letting people add offers to more than one card per person. If you have an authorized user, you can add the offer on one of their cards as well to do it more than once.

I used to add offers to as many of my cards as I could. I have 20 separate cards across 7 accounts between myself, my wife and my kids. I did VERY well on some of the HAL offers, not to mention others!

It would not let me add it to both of our cards even though they are different card numbers. I'm listed as an authorized user.

I have the offer on my Everyday Amex and have a cruise in January and have made final payment for the cruise but not the gratuities.  If I purchase $500 OBC with my Amex card will my service charges come from the purchased OBC and not the $100 promo OBC I have in my Cruise Planner? My understanding is that promo OBC is non-refundable and can't be used for gratuities but the purchased OBC would be refundable if we don't use it all, right?

Edited by 1620rock

I have an airline AmEx card. I don't have an on-line account. I do it all old-school, with paper statements. Is the offer something I could call AmEx to check on or would I have to open an on-line account, see if it's even available to me, then add it to my card, then make the payment? I just have a deposit down now (not using AmEx), could easily make a $500 payment to get back $150. 

49 minutes ago, 1620rock said:

I have the offer on my Everyday Amex and have a cruise in January and have made final payment for the cruise but not the gratuities.  If I purchase $500 OBC with my Amex card will my service charges come from the purchased OBC and not the $100 promo OBC I have in my Cruise Planner? My understanding is that promo OBC is non-refundable and can't be used for gratuities but the purchased OBC would be refundable if we don't use it all, right?

Promo (non-refundable) OBC is always used first.

50 minutes ago, Firepath said:

I have an airline AmEx card. I don't have an on-line account. I do it all old-school, with paper statements. Is the offer something I could call AmEx to check on or would I have to open an on-line account, see if it's even available to me, then add it to my card, then make the payment? I just have a deposit down now (not using AmEx), could easily make a $500 payment to get back $150. 

No, It needs to be added via their website.

And I'm sorry, but I find your post rather humorous in a sad sort of way. Or maybe it's just sad in a humorous way.

Edited by MisterBill99

1 hour ago, Firepath said:

You need an online account for the offers. How are you using your airline points without an online account? Phone calls? How are you booking flights?

It may not seem obvious to you but not having an online account for the card is riskier than having one these days.  You are making it easy for someone to steal your identity and hijack your account. Set one up for your card and use a strong password. Set up the alerts and you will get notifications immediately of all transactions. You can get alerts emailed or texted. AMEX does almost immediate alerts. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Do you have separate logins? When you say "would not let me" what exactly happened?

Yes we have separate log ins. The msg was the offer was already added to a card associated with the account. We've been able to add other offers to both carda5. I'll try again from my computer when we get home.

15 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

You need an online account for the offers. How are you using your airline points without an online account? Phone calls? How are you booking flights?

It may not seem obvious to you but not having an online account for the card is riskier than having one these days.  You are making it easy for someone to steal your identity and hijack your account. Set one up for your card and use a strong password. Set up the alerts and you will get notifications immediately of all transactions. You can get alerts emailed or texted. AMEX does almost immediate alerts. 

I do have an on-line airline account but not a credit card log-in. I do get text alerts for the CC which I would probably see sooner than an email alert.

Edited by Firepath

13 minutes ago, Firepath said:

I do have an on-line airline account but not a credit card log-in. I do get text alerts for the CC which I would probably see sooner than an email alert.

How did you activate the alerts? Are you sure you don’t have a credit card log in? 

36 minutes ago, sippican said:

To be perfectly clear, has anyone actually received the $150 credit (NOT just a confirmation e-mail) for a  $500 Celebrity  purchase that is not a brand new reservation?

I didn't see anywhere in the promo for my Amex that it had to be for new bookings.  It just stated $500 paid to Celebrity.  

29 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I didn't see anywhere in the promo for my Amex that it had to be for new bookings.  It just stated $500 paid to Celebrity.  

Here's a quote from my OFFER TERMS:

Offer valid only for qualifying reservations booked ....... (how booked) .... between 11/15/2019 ans 12/31/2019.

10 minutes ago, sippican said:

Here's a quote from my OFFER TERMS:

Offer valid only for qualifying reservations booked ....... (how booked) .... between 11/15/2019 ans 12/31/2019.

If you have a reservation made before 11/15 and make a $500 payment now towards your invoice or if your final payment is between now and 12/31 my experience has been the credit is applied. I would go ahead and make a $500 payment because if the they don’t give the $150 credit there is no loss. 

1 hour ago, sippican said:

To be perfectly clear, has anyone actually received the $150 credit (NOT just a confirmation e-mail) for a  $500 Celebrity  purchase that is not a brand new reservation?

These offers never actually require a new reservation (despite the fine print). And it's almost unheard of to get the email and not subsequently get the credit for ANY Amex offer. Also, there is nothing in the information sent to AMEX that says it is a new reservation. All they care about is that the charge came in from the correct merchant, i.e., Celebrity Cruises.

Edited by MisterBill99
  • Like 2