Cruise Line Formal Wear out of business.

TTFromSommersTown

Just a heads up, on the Princess Boards there is a thread that Cruise Line Formal Wear has gone out of business. This is what is on their Web Site now and apparently the phone number is not working as well. Not sure if they are answering emails but it looks like I will have to take my suit with me for my Christmas/New Year cruise.image.thumb.png.f435574939b4251f4cfadb488ef527e8.png.

We used their services twice for family cruises - my then-teenage son really wanted a tux for our first cruise and we rented from them, including the shoes.  My husband even rented just a vest package (he had his own tux).  It was a great service - the tux, shoes and two white shirts to cover both formal nights for under $100.  

A sign of the casual times now. DH used to order his tuxes from them for cruises and stopped about 10 years ago. He bought his own tuxedo shirts, cummerbunds and matching bow ties, and shoes. He had a double breasted black suit and all the tux stuff looked really good with that suit. He doesn't do that anymore either and we live in FL and drive to the ports, so no extra luggage worries in airplanes. He now wears silk tropical shirts and good slacks.

According to something that I found on the Internet just now, they have now filed for Chapter 11. HAL still does not have any notice up on the Web Site to say that they are out of business but they still are pointing cruisers to Cruise Line Formal Wear to order your TUX.

I am leaving for my cruise tomorrow so I cannot follow up with my PCC.

Used them once a couple of years ago for my brother who wanted to dress up, as he'd never been on a cruise before.  Since it was Christmas, we saw more tuxes than on other cruises.  Frankly, I'm not surprised as more and more passengers opt to dress casually.  

Thanks heavens my son has his tux, and we just ordered a new tux shirt and accessories, even lovely mother-of-pearl studs and cuff links.  We enjoy dressing up, especially for Christmas and New Year's.  We feel everyone should dress as they desire.  It's interesting, though, that people often stop us and compliment us, especially my son.  I guess they're surprised that a young guy would enjoy dressing in formal wear.  He does look so handsome, although I am highly biased.

• Like 1