Interesting Edge - CS Question

Jim_Iain

After our recent cruise we were talking about a couple misses on the design of the CS stateroom on edge.   The bedroom has two fixed night stands -   One is not more than a couple cubes that can't hardly handle anything while the other is small fun has a drawer.   

The nice thing is they bed is a true American King (but still two singles).    How do they configure it for two singles?    It didn't appear that the end tables were moveable, but may have missed something. 

37 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

After our recent cruise we were talking about a couple misses on the design of the CS stateroom on edge.   The bedroom has two fixed night stands -   One is not more than a couple cubes that can't hardly handle anything while the other is small fun has a drawer.   

The nice thing is they bed is a true American King (but still two singles).    How do they configure it for two singles?    It didn't appear that the end tables were moveable, but may have missed something. 

I'm not sure about the CS, but I think one type of stateroom (maybe SS?) had a side table that was attached to the wall with a sliding bracket (table not permanently attached to wall, but slides up and off the bracket) and then can be placed between the beds after it is separated and that half moved over to where the side table had been.  It was something we discussed on here a year ago or maybe it was just a dream...😉   I'll try to find the discussion and/or pictures. Anyway, the CS may be similar.

We are currently in a CS on Edge and I can’t see a way to move the cubes or drawer.  They seem to be permanently attached. In addition, there the lights that are permanently mounted right above them.  There are indeed two separate beds pushed together, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to separate them in the space. 

It’s the second time we’ve been in one. Love the room, but that sofa sure is hard as a rock.  

Edited by dcbiker97

3 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

We are currently in a CS in Edge and I can’t see a way to move the cubes or drawer.  They seem to be permanently attached. In addition, there the lights that are permanently mounted right above them.  There are indeed two separate beds pushed together, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to separate them in the space. 

Thanks - I may have been thinking of the Sky Suites. If you think of it, could you please ask the cabin steward or butler if they can be split? It would be good to include the info in the Edge Suite Info thread. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcbiker97 said:

We are currently in a CS on Edge and I can’t see a way to move the cubes or drawer.  They seem to be permanently attached. In addition, there the lights that are permanently mounted right above them.  There are indeed two separate beds pushed together, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to separate them in the space. 

It’s the second time we’ve been in one. Love the room, but that sofa sure is hard as a rock.  

I was thinking the same.   I tried moving it and failed to see if their was an electrical outlet near the bathroom door.   Nope.   I personally wish they had an electrical outlet next to each bed instead of an outlet near the cubes and USB ports on the other side.

The Sofa is indeed firm but I did  doze off more than once while watching tv.   Not sure what it would be like for a bed.

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I'm not sure about the CS, but I think one type of stateroom (maybe SS?) had a side table that was attached to the wall with a sliding bracket (table not permanently attached to wall, but slides up and off the bracket) and then can be placed between the beds after it is separated and that half moved over to where the side table had been.  It was something we discussed on here a year ago or maybe it was just a dream...😉   I'll try to find the discussion and/or pictures. Anyway, the CS may be similar.

While out walking I noticed a couple IV's that were setup as separates and it looked like only 18 inches between beds.   That is what prompted the question.

1 minute ago, dcbiker97 said:

Here are a couple of pics. There’s room to move the beds apart about 12-14 inches (moving each one so that it’s touching the nightstand).  That might be enough for some who want them separated.  Or it still might not be enough for some.  

DA1A0E8A-6BBC-4CDA-BDDC-2C7F5384AD66.jpeg

E5FA2592-D066-4C1B-9722-F527E5310E2A.jpeg

Thanks! It’s probably like the Sky Suites - not much room between but can get into bed easily on the outside?

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the pictures and the explanation.    It was one of those things I was thinking about after I got home.  

You’re welcome. Thank you for doing your blogs.  I had followed your them because we were boarding the following week and also had several friends on the TA.