Recent lead times for SB guarantee suite allocation?

Isklaar

We were assigned our suite today; eight days prior to sailing.  I must say we are disappointed as we were assigned an accessible veranda cabin.  I knew this was a possibility, but hoped it wouldn't happen.  This is the chance you take when booking a guarantee.

We almost never take a GTY as we prefer to pick our location, that said on the last cruise we did a GTY as it was a last minute booking and the available suites did not appeal to us and got our assignment 11 days prior.  And in a suite that had it shown as available we would have selected when we booked.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

We almost never take a GTY as we prefer to pick our location, that said on the last cruise we did a GTY as it was a last minute booking and the available suites did not appeal to us and got our assignment 11 days prior.  And in a suite that had it shown as available we would have selected when we booked.  

I believe that our first GTY was 'enforced' by SB as it was several years ago on a world cruise segment. Since then sometimes we opt for GTY, and we have never been disappointed so far. (Well there was the one time we weren't so keen on our allocation but it was subsequently changed to a great suite by SB even though we didn't object.) Except for that time we have always been allocated either a V6 on deck 8 or a V5 on deck 6 and each time has been a suite that we would have selected, given the opportunity.
Our luck is likely due to change soon but before booking a GTY I always ask myself whether being allocated suite 123 (worst case scenario) would spoil my cruise. If the answer is no I go ahead and take the chance! 

51 minutes ago, 2SailingNomads said:

We may have been on part of that same WC, 2014 I believe, and unless you booked the entire cruise you could not pick a suite, just a category if I recall correctly.  On our last cruise when we took the GTY we got a suite on deck 8 so were very pleased.  

Yes it was 2014, we joined in mid-March for Hong Kong to Singapore.

• 1 month later...

We are just less than 5 weeks out from our cruise, and to say I am getting itchy feet is an understatement. Is it only me, but I can't stop looking? I know I won't get to know for a few weeks yet but that doesn't stop me looking.

The cruise mustn't be full or I would have thought we'd have been our suite assigned.

On 1/26/2020 at 8:08 AM, Pendle Witch said:

We are just less than 5 weeks out from our cruise, and to say I am getting itchy feet is an understatement. Is it only me, but I can't stop looking? I know I won't get to know for a few weeks yet but that doesn't stop me looking.

The cruise mustn't be full or I would have thought we'd have been our suite assigned.

You just need to chill.  We did our first OB last May and the suite (621 on Sojourn) was our favorite on any SB ship so far.  We have been on the 8th deck  and paying for that--and now wonder why we did that.  Just sit tight and wait.  You will either be very pleased or somewhat disappointed.  Either way, you will get what you paid for.  I hope you have a fabulous cruise.  

Edited by SLSD

2 hours ago, SLSD said:

You just need to chill.  We did our first OB last May and the suite (621 on Sojourn) was our favorite on any SB ship so far.  We have been on the 8th deck  and paying for that--and now wonder why we did that.  Just sit tight and wait.  You will either be very pleased or somewhat disappointed.  Either way, you will get what you paid for.  I hope you have a fabulous cruise.  

We've had 621 in the past on an OB and were very happy with it. To be honest all suites are fine, I'm just being impatient. 

About 7 days out. 

Suite 433 on the Odyssey. Window room on deck 4.   It's the very first room forward of The Restaurant and is surrounded by doors and stair wells. Also, the crew service area is very close by. HOWEVER.... It was absolutely quiet as can be and Im very noise sensitive.  Never heard a door or anything else.  No complaints.  It was quite convenient actually. 

:-)

• 2 weeks later...