Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses

PokrChick

Is this true?

I'm currently booked in a 6D balcony cabin for an Oasis cruise 6/2020.  I booked the cabin this past July.  The 1C (large balcony) cabins are currently on sale.  When I do a mock booking, the cost is $60 more than my current cabin.  I called RC to change cabins / upgrade.  I spent an hour, mostly on hold while she checked with her supervisor, for the rep to finally come back and say that the taxes, fees & port expenses are fixed at what they were the day I booked.  Therefore, it will cost me $100 more for the new cabin.  The taxes, fees & port expenses were $20 more per person when I booked than they are now and that can't be changed.  I spoke with the supervisor and she said it's been that way for years.  If the fee goes down on the day we sail, it will be refunded.  If the fee goes up, I keep the original price.  But for now, they remain the same as the day I booked.

I didn't make the switch.  I've never had this happen before and it seems wrong.  Opinions?  TIA

Understand that you were not aware of the way they handle tax and port fees, but...

you want to switch  from a 6D to a 1C and instead of it costing $60 to switch it will cost $100.  Doesn't sound like a big deal to me.  Wait until later today and the cost could be $500.  If you want the cabin jump on it!