Buying bottle of alcohol on board

mhg7274

We have never done this, but are considering it... I can purchase a bottle of Disaronno Amaretto from the  HAL website before our cruise and it will be waiting in the room. Is that bottle for in-room drinking only, or can I bring cup and have a drink while at listening to music in a venue or at the pool? It's cheaper to purchase a bottle at $58 and bring some coke than to spend $10 per drink.

20 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

They really don’t care where you drink it.  Just pour it in your room and take it wherever you go.  Leave the bottle in your room! 😉

They can tell the difference between the in room glasses though and the glasses for by the pool or in the bars.

I have taken pre purchased alcohol everywhere on board the ship. I bought it from HAL so it's really none of their business where I drink it. If you are concerned about the different glasses, I'm not, just stop by any bar and ask for a couple of glasses. 4* and have never been questioned about where my drink came from.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rucrazy said:

All I will say is technically in room beverages should not be consumed outside the stateroom.

I believe that only applies to the corkage-free wine. Wine that you purchased on board, or that you brought on and paid corkage for,  can be consumed anywhere on the ship. You can take your left-over MDR wine with you to a lounge after dinner.  I don't see why other alcohol purchased from HAL would be any different. Maybe that's why you don't see anyone checking.

You will have paid the 15% service charge on it, but I think it would be a nice gesture to give a cash tip to the servers in the lounge where you are drinking it.

Edited by catl331

38 minutes ago, catl331 said:

I believe that only applies to the corkage-free wine. Wine that you purchased on board, or that you brought on and paid corkage for,  can be consumed anywhere on the ship. You can take your left-over MDR wine with you to a lounge after dinner.  I don't see why other alcohol purchased from HAL would be any different. Maybe that's why you don't see anyone checking.

You will have paid the 15% service charge on it, but I think it would be a nice gesture to give a cash tip to the servers in the lounge where you are drinking it.

I agree with you there. I would likely leave a cash tip seeing as they bring around the little jar of nuts, etc., and would likely get pop for the kids too.