Transportation options, FLL to Miami

martinclm

We have a cruise coming up in February 2020.  We are flying Southwest into FLL, but our hotel and cruise are in Miami.  There are 6 of us traveling.  What are the best transportation options to get us from the airport to the hotel and then the next day to the port?

TIA

Diane

5 minutes ago, fredflint said:

for 6 you might just to use UBER it is about 50 bucks from MIA to FLL the hotel might have a shuttle

We are coming into FLL....UberXL was only $20-30 cheaper than renting a car.  A little more freedom with the choice of what we do once we get to Florida and before the cruise.  I did look into that though

• Clarea changed the title to Transportation options, FLL to Miami

UberXL from FLL to downtown Miami hotels will be closer to $70+, and I doubt you can get 6 plus bags into one Uber/Lyft - especially if anyone packs like my wife!

Best option is a stretch limo with a stocked bar! 😉  You might look at splitting up int o two standard UberX/Lyft vehicles - total fare shoudl be about the same.

Rental car is an option, but as mentioned above the hotel parking charges can quickly make this a less desirable option.

6 hours ago, JohninDC said:

UberXL from FLL to downtown Miami hotels will be closer to $70+, and I doubt you can get 6 plus bags into one Uber/Lyft - especially if anyone packs like my wife!

Best option is a stretch limo with a stocked bar! 😉  You might look at splitting up int o two standard UberX/Lyft vehicles - total fare shoudl be about the same.

Rental car is an option, but as mentioned above the hotel parking charges can quickly make this a less desirable option.

I like the way you think there!  😂.  I do need to check on parking.  For one night it shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks

Hmmmm? 🙄  Free parking and a shuttle from the MIA airport tells me you are staying outside of downtown and will not get to see/experience much of Miami unless you drive into the city and pay to park.  Depending upon how late you get into the city, the common suggestion here is to stay downtown where you will find lots of local dining, shopping and nightlife within walking distance - especially in the Mary Brickell area.  Your call.