Anyone lunch at Berties Creole?

1Texansgo

A friend recommended lunch at Berties Creole in Coxen Hole when we visit on LOS. I believe the name has now changed to Port Side Restaurant. He ate there several years ago but advised us it was within walking distance of the port and gave it a good review. Has anyone been recently? Thoughts? We are not doing an excursion in Roatan and thought a late lunch and hanging on the ship would be enjoyable.

I think Bertie's is still there.  Used to have lobster.  Just an open air place on the waterfront.

I thought Port Side Restaurant was over between West Bay and West End.

Of course places change and it has been a few years since we docked in Coxen Hole.

Let me know.  We wanted to go to Temporary Cal's up at First Bite after touring the sloth's, but it's possible they will be closed the day of the week we're there.  Wishing to avoid the tourists places at the port.

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2019 at 11:06 AM, 1Texansgo said:

A friend recommended lunch at Berties Creole in Coxen Hole when we visit on LOS. I believe the name has now changed to Port Side Restaurant. He ate there several years ago but advised us it was within walking distance of the port and gave it a good review. Has anyone been recently? Thoughts? We are not doing an excursion in Roatan and thought a late lunch and hanging on the ship would be enjoyable.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:11 PM, crewsweeper said:

I think Bertie's is still there.  Used to have lobster.  Just an open air place on the waterfront.

I thought Port Side Restaurant was over between West Bay and West End.

Of course places change and it has been a few years since we docked in Coxen Hole.

Let me know.  We wanted to go to Temporary Cal's up at First Bite after touring the sloth's, but it's possible they will be closed the day of the week we're there.  Wishing to avoid the tourists places at the port.

we had a great couple if hours at Captain Jacks!

We were on a 7 day B2B on LOS so wanting to budget at certain ports. It had been many years since we stayed around the port area of Coxen Hole. We were hoping to visit the fort and particularly the jade museum but it seemed to be shut. 

We ended up on the deck at Captain Jacks and enjoyed simply people watching and watching the construction workers doing the port renovation. Enjoyed lunch, a few drinks and catching up on emails.

Edited by c-leg5